Data Scientist - Enterprise Technology and Innovation (Remote)Req # JR - 031839 Location Largo, Florida Job Category Information Technology Date posted 12/16/2020
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This position collects, interprets and publishes data leveraging appropriate technologies to help the business to make decisions. This role directly supports product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOP’s, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Collecting data through means such as analyzing business results or by setting up and managing new studies
- Transferring data into new formats to make it more appropriate for analysis
- Creating new, experimental frameworks to collect data
- Building tools to automate data collection
- Searching through large data sets for usable information
- Creating reports and data visualizations for business uses
- Correlating similar data to find actionable results
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- REMOTE OPPORTUNITY
- Must have at least 7 years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%
- Experience with relational databases and programming languages like R, SQL and Python
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis
- Experience with common data science toolkits and data management tools
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with machine learning and AI preferred
- Ability to work independently and with team members from diverse backgrounds
- Strong communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Excellent attention to detail
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.