CDL Delivery Driver - Englewood, CO - $2,500 SIGN ON BONUSReq # JR - 055378 Location Lakewood, Colorado, United States Job Category CDL Date posted 01/26/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
WE ARE OFFERING A $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS!
The Service Specialist (Class B CDL Delivery Driver) is responsible for safely operating an 18 to 24-foot commercial vehicle while delivering dialysis products to a diverse home patient base, as well as, kidney dialysis centers. Home patient visits consist of delivering dialysis solution, rotation of stock, and order accuracy assurance with occasional order pick-ups and returns.
This position is physically demanding and requires this person to make deliveries in challenging locations as our customer base resides in urban and rural localities. Home deliveries will require the incumbent to deliver up to, and at times in excess of 45 cases per delivery.
The Service Specialist works closely with multiple levels of the supply chain; including but not limited to, dialysis patients, regional office staff, customer service team, and healthcare professionals.
The budgeted salary range for this position is $50,000-$52,000 a year.
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class A or Class B Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDL) - Air Brake endorsement, MVR check must meet minimum standards
- Valid Medical Card
- Minimum of 1 year of driving comparable equipment
- Have acceptable Comprehensive Safety Analysis (CSA) score
- Pass DOT drug test and physical
- Pass background check
- Pass Industrial Capabilities Test
- Must be able to perform multiple day routes that include overnight travel
- Must be able to obtain License for Material handling equipment. Training and test performed by Baxter trained instructors. Must be able to use multiple pieces of equipment to perform duties including but not limited to loading and unloading vehicles.
- Follow all safety rules for equipment use and driving outlined by Baxter and DOT
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Maintain driver HOS log using Electronic Logging Device (ELD)
- Must be able to properly maintain HOS log manually in event ELD is not available
- Must understand and comply with all DOT rules and requirements
- Ability to adequately distinguish colors to identify product labels
- Ability to effectively work with a diverse customer base (internal and external)
- Good computer skills essential to maintain required online training
- Must be professional, courteous, and self-motivated
- Must possess effective problem resolution skills
- Must be able to meet physical demand of position
- Prior inside delivery experience a plus
- Safely operate material handling equipment such as lift gates, ramps, pallet jacks, walkie rider, Liftkar (stair climbers)
- Work productively and effectively in extreme cold and/or extreme heat
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Working environment encompasses all areas of a distribution center, tractor trailer, patient homes, and dialysis centers
- Repetitive lifting and moving of cases weighing up to 50 pounds
- Frequent entering and exiting of vehicle
- Frequent bending, crouching, twisting, reaching, grasping, climbing, and balancing
- Frequent kneeling, squatting and wrist turning
A critical component of our company’s vision is to be a best place to work. As part of this commitment, we provide our employees with comprehensive compensation and benefits.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage immediately upon hire
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Retirement Savings – Choose from pre-tax and/or Roth after-tax savings; Baxter matches 3.5 percent on your first 4 percent of contributions and provides a non-matching contribution of 3 percent of eligible pay each year
- Employee Stock Purchase Program – Purchase Baxter common stock each month at a 15 percent discount through payroll deductions with no brokerage fees
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Educational Assistance Program
- [email protected] – Global health and wellness program with access to resources and benefits to help focus on staying well through education and prevention, taking action to make healthy changes and dealing with chronic or acute conditions
- Business Resource Groups – Employee-run affinity groups that drive multi-cultural awareness and engagement at Baxter; provides a forum for employees to share knowledge, ideas, and personal experiences
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Lakewood, CO 80401
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now