Senior Financial Analyst, Internal ControlsReq # JR - 053106 Location Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Job Category Finance Date posted 11/12/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
There has not been a more exciting time to join Baxter. We are in the midst of a transformation that is building a world-class finance organization. Baxter Business Services is a group dedicated to providing centralized service to many of Baxter’s core business processes. Now we need you. From day one, you will have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of jobs and experiences. When you join us, you can also expect access to training and mentoring in a supportive environment. From day one, you will have opportunities to collaborate with people all over the world. This is where you are empowered to do your best work.
The SFA Internal Controls reports to the respective regional internal controls Leader. Must possess the ability to identify problems or opportunities for improvement and regularly propose solutions to problems. Analysts are expected to independently manage projects of increasing complexity and have a strong understanding of accounting systems and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive standardization of internal control processes, enhance internal control documentation and testing procedures, coordinate and manage SOX 404 processes and testing efforts with Management, Internal Audit, and the external auditor to enable assessment of compliance with the company’s compliance program
- Facilitate consistent documentation of the controls over all relevant assertions related to all processes executed by the respective Centers of Excellence.
- Coordinate with the COE teams to obtain knowledge and understanding of control decisions and communicate requirements for control documentation.
- Identify pain points in control design, execution and assist with transition from the current state of compliance to the ‘to be’ state and design efficient and effective solutions
- Assist with communication within the organization and external auditors regarding the compliance approach.
- With regards to risk-based reviews:
- Assist the evaluation of company risks to identify review areas
- Execute the risk-based reviews by conducting testing of process/controls
- Administer documentation updates & communicate with process owners as needed
- Coordinate with IT Risk Management to monitor, evaluate and assess I.T. General Controls (ITGCs) for key IT applications.
- Additional Project work as needed
- Strong understanding of internal controls, operational and system control procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills to develop support and engagement from various stakeholders
- Ability to provide creative solutions and strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated, dependable with a strong desire to learn and contribute to team efforts.
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, work under time constraints, and meet deadlines
Education and/or Experience:
Include the education and experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, IT or related field
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, finance, IT or other related field.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and the ERP Business Process Methodology.
- CIA, CISA, CRISC or related certification is a plus.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Jalan SS 7/26A Kelana Jaya
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Malaysia Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now