Revenue ManagerReq # JR - 052968 Location Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Job Category Finance Date posted 11/30/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
There has not been a more exciting time to join Baxter. We are in the midst of a transformation that is building a world-class finance organization. Baxter Business Services is a group dedicated to providing centralized service to many of Baxter’s core business processes. Now we need you. From day one, you will have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of jobs and experiences. When you join us, you can also expect access to training and mentoring in a supportive environment.From day one, you will have opportunities to collaborate with people all over the world.This is where you are empowered to do your best work.
- The Revenue Manager is responsible for preparing and recording all revenue related adjustment transactions as well as supporting documentation for these processes and performing account reconciliations. In addition, the Revenues Manager works with Business Units to facilitate timely recording and reporting of all revenue transactions.
- The role requires understanding of complex accounting matters, quick problem-solving skills and strong collaboration with other finance and non-finance teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of revenues accountants and supervisors
- Collect and/or prepare and review appropriate supporting documents for all revenue recognition activity from the business units
- Prepare manual journals for various transactions impacting revenue, including adjustments, reversals, rebates, sales returns, complex deals involving finance and operating leases, with adequate supporting documentation
- Provide audit support specific to revenues accounting
- Support regional and global reporting requirements on revenues for all areas under Regional Controllership responsibility (e.g., monthly B/S and P&L Flux reviews)
- Support monthly/quarterly/annual close processes and work closely with Regional Controllership teams.
- Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls
- Support local, regional, and global projects, as required
- Maintain focus on continuous process improvement
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit.
- Good knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mind-set.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Strong reporting tools including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or part qualified ACCA/CIMA.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Experience in JDE, Blackline and W-Desk is an advantage.
- Additional hours at critical times (e.g., month-end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require work on public holidays.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Jalan SS 7/26A Kelana Jaya
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Malaysia Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now