Field Service Engineer BaxterReq # JR - 033915 Location Kista, Stockholm Job Category Technical Services Date posted 02/23/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Do you always have a customer-oriented mindset and high technical skills you can be our next member in the Technical Service team, based in Stockholm, preferably quite close to Arlanda airport since you will spend 70% of your time in Norway. In this role you will perform service activity on Water Treatment products in all of Norway and support cases in other Nordic countries as per defined service requirements and customer contractual agreements. You will also perform sales support activities on defined service offering within the geographical area of responsibility.
This is a very important role contributing to Baxter’s mission to save and sustain lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish, maintain communication & partnership with customers, team members and business contacts.
- Install, service, maintain, upgrade or execute Field Corrective Actions on Water Treatment equipment as per defined service requirements and customer contractual agreements in the defined area of responsibility.
- Provide Preventive Maintenance in accordance with published procedures.
- Report all relevant service activity in the service systems and applicable datasheets, to ensure updated and accurate service data.
- Analyze equipment failures to determine cause and recommend corrective action.
- Provide customer telephone support.
- Deliver user/technical training to customers with focus on operation, inspection procedures and techniques.
- May participate in installation planning phase.
- Participate in rotating stand-by duty during out of office hours.
- Flexibility – working hours includes travel in both Norway 75% and Sweden 25% and working some late evenings. You must agree to travel 75% of the days of the year.
- Manage assigned car stock, spare parts and assets (instruments, tools), as per storage requirements and instructions.
- Provide technical support on equipment to customers and within the company for Water products.
- In case of technical issues: collect all information and manage complaints to the concerned manufacturing sites
- A technical degree is required (preferably in the biomedical/ electromechanical) or equivalent through experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience as service engineer on electromechanical medical devices.
- Preferably experienced in water treatment and reverse osmosis technique.
- Extensive knowledge in electricity, mechanical and hydraulics, advantage of knowledge in large water treatment plants.
- Great troubleshooting skills.
- Great customer facing skills.
- Knowledge of Quality System and GDP (documentation)/GMP requirements.
- Knowledge of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements.
What we can offer
- Being part of a digital journey and exiting product innovations
- Nice team -and work atmosphere
If you like the sound of the above role and if this role resonates with you, then we’d love to talk to you. Apply here as we would love to discuss it in more detail with you.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.