Safety EngineerReq # JR - 023384 Location Jayuya, Municipio de Jayuya, Puerto Rico Job Category EHS Date posted 06/18/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Responsible for implementing the safety and Industrial Hygiene and Health programs in the plant. Responsible for training to control accident, property loss and health exposures in the company; minimize government citations and provide support to security operations for the whole plant. This includes, but not limited to Health Department, Fire Department, Occupational Health and Safety Programs (OSHA), "Fondo del Seguro del Estado" and Police Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implement safety procedures and Baxter’s requirements for the facility.
3. Perform Job Hazard Assessment to identify hazardous conditions and practices and develops hazards control practices according the established programs.
4. Works with supervisors to promote goals and objectives in the health and safety area that affects the facility.
5. Implement Safety and Industrial Hygiene procedures in accordance with federal and state government requirements.
6. Provides Safety and Industrial Hygiene training to contractors and new hires.
7. Collaborate with the industrial hygiene duties and the performance of the Industrial Hygiene Specialist.
8. Provides seminars and training on safety and industrial hygiene areas to plant personnel.
9. Oversees and report company accident statistics and makes recommendations for correction of problem areas to the EHS Manager.
9. Implement and collaborate to execute emergency procedures for the facility, including fire, hurricane procedures and other natural and health disasters.
10. Comply with target areas and long range accident prevention and cost control objectives.
11. Inspects site, new projects, machine and equipment operations, environmental conditions, work practices, protective devices and equipment, and safety procedures. Interviews supervisors and employees for information on specific working conditions to evaluate the total worksite environment.
12. Documents ongoing case files with relevant documentation to support a legally sufficient case. Recommends strategies and techniques for resolving unsafe or hazardous conditions.
13. Conduct risk assessments
14. Enforce preventative measures
15. Check if all the employees are acting in adherence with rules and regulations
16. Prepare and present reports on accidents and violations and determine causes
17. Good knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
18. Team player
As a Safety lead should have a degree or a bachelor's degree in science, engineering coupled with 7 to 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a related area.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.