Lead Assembler (2nd Shift)Req # JR - 025932 Location Irvine, California, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 08/17/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Responsible for coordinating the work of HNE employees and assuring work is performed in compliance with regulatory and quality requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all lines have appropriate labor to meet expectations and manages MAR operator assignments
- Maintains contact with customer departments to insure awareness of any product or process problems that affect customer satisfaction.
- Leads initiatives to maintain a continues improvement environment around the Manufacturing operations by implementing and innovating with six sigma, lean manufacturing, VSM’s, 6‘s’’ and any other philosophies that will reduce waste, increase productivity, quality and safety.
- Controls and executes production shift schedule and works with support departments to set up actions when they are not achieved.
- Identifies, communicate and work on issues in a good timing to avoid impact in production schedule and/or operations
- Assigns workers to work stations to meet production requirements and insures specifications, GMP’s and GDP’s are followed. In depth knowledge of manufacturing systems, operations and work centers.
- Follows quality procedures to identify and address Regulatory and Operational issues.
- Documents and records regulatory requirements in the Batch folder (parameters, test, verifications, etc)
- Monitors production and adjusts work assignments, supply of material, and machine operation when necessary.
- Optimizes product and material flow to meet daily build plan.
- Assist in updating procedures for his/her process according to regulations, internal and corporate procedures and Baxter specifications and policies.
- Enforces company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Maintains an appropriate labor-management relationship with subordinates. Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment. Insures GMP's, GDP's and any EHS requirement are followed in areas of responsibility.
- Assist root cause analysis and investigations to address safety, quality and/or productivity issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of corporate specifications and plant standard operating procedures. Knowledge of Bill of Material process. Must have good documentation practices, and strong interpersonal skills.
- High school diploma preferred or equivalent experience, consistent with department process/product requirements. Prior experience with mechanical, electrical equipment, and troubleshooting of problems.
The physical activity of this position:
- Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
The physical requirements of this position:
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position
- The worker is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.