Assistant Supervisor, Manufacturing (2nd Shift)Req # JR - 025581 Location Irvine, California, United States Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 08/07/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Assistant Supervisor, Manufacturing position supervises daily activities in the production area to ensure manufacturing goals and project deadlines are met while maintaining compliance with current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs), SOPs, environmental health and safety (EHS) guidelines and any other regulations that may apply.
Monitor and insure efficiency and effectiveness in various areas and train employees. Perform all duties with a focus on optimizing safety, quality, service and cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates guidance, support, direction and leadership through effective interactions with all personnel during daily operations.
- Establish systems, metrics, leader standard work, and controls for the execution of manufacturing activities such as productivity (efficiency, scrap, labor, resources, schedule adherence), quality (defects, exceptions, complaints) and human resources (motivation, absenteeism, interpersonal conflicts, people development). Implement changes as needed based on assessments.
- Coaches, motivates, develops, recognizes and manages performance of direct reports. Provides regular feedback to all direct reports. Assist in setting performance objectives, development plans, and monitoring employee performance progress.
- Leads initiatives to maintain a continues improvement environment around the Manufacturing operations by implementing and innovating with six sigma, lean manufacturing, VSM’s, 6s, and any other philosophies that will reduce waste, increase productivity, quality and safety.
- Evaluate and revise procedures for according to regulations, internal and corporate procedures, and Baxter specifications and policies.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Assist in technical reviews, investigations, and process improvement projects.
- Resolves technical, quality, material, and cGMP problems that may impact production targets and/or project deadlines.
- Provide guidance and troubleshooting assistance as needed during a deviation in the process.
- Review, approve, and manage documentation for batch and system records. Assist in release of product for distribution. Assist in meeting product release time goals.
- Supervise the day-to-day production, scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities – to meet customer requirements including deadlines and quality standards. Identify/prioritize/provide resources as appropriate.
- Facilitate and verify appropriate training for employees in the area (including but not limited to cGMPs, job skills, safety, HR policies, and EHS regulations.
- Works closely with Maintenance Supervisor to set up the right procedures and activities to assure world class equipment availability indicators and a clean and safety environment.
Please note, this position will be working on 2nd shift (2:30pm - 12:00am).
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting.
- Ability to analyze and interpret scientific, and statistical data.
- Ability to collect and analyze data and information to determine paths for process improvement and potential root cause/corrective actions in the case of exceptions.
- Ability to supervise multiple groups/shifts.
- Basic professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
- Basic assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use enterprise software.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management.
- Basic understanding of cGMPs and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Basic process knowledge of related manufacturing equipment and processes
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
Education and/or Experience
- HS diploma.
- Bachelor's degree preferred for ongoing career progression.
- Manufacturing and leadership experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.