Manufacturing TechnicianReq # JR - 021890 Location Hertford, England, United Kingdom Additional Locations 40 Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Technician to work out of our high performing site in Elstree. You will be required to learn production tasks and comply with GMP and GDP requirements, while exhibiting appropriate Baxter competencies and behaviours.
- Generate batch documentation as appropriate.
- Undertake tasks as allocated on the manufacturing plan including basic cleanroom maintenance checks.
- Complete transactions on computerized ERP system.
- Inform Senior Manufacturing Technician / Supervisor if allocated tasks are not completed.
- Carry out other duties as allocated outside of the manufacturing process and use own initiative to find / complete other work.
- Complete training of basic manufacturing processes.
- Ability to consistently establish and maintain priorities in order to complete tasks and projects within timelines.
- Accurate record keeping and good housekeeping.
- Report any errors or issues to QA and manufacturing leadership team.
- Ensure own training record is kept up to date and Isotrain modules completed on time.
- Ensuring the management team and appropriate team members are aware of issue or potential issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to clearly communicate when conveying ideas and information both in writing and verbally
- Team Responsibilities
- Attend and participate in operations department meetings.
- Work cohesively with other team members to achieve the target outputs.
- Promote a strong teamwork environment. Shows co-operation within manufacturing and other departments to resolve issues.
- Participates in quality improvement and process waste elimination efforts by supporting continuous improvement ideas.
- Health and Safety
- To understand and work in accordance with the company’s risk and COSHH assessments for assigned activities.
- Not to undertake tasks unsupervised unless fully trained and signed off.
- To report all accidents, incidents and near misses.
- GCSE Level Standard or equivalent
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.