Accounting AnalystReq # JR - 037319 Location Heredia, Provincia de Heredia, Costa Rica Job Category Finance Date posted 04/30/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
This position will be responsible for the record, reconciliation and controls maintenance for the month end close and the annual roll over process in order to report the Financial Statements by Americas.
External and internal audit support, and statutory information among others customer requirements such as external audit & local taxes, equity, restructuring for Americas.
The person in charge of this role is required to follow general instructions as well as established procedures and comply with Sox requirements. Will also require proactiveness, organization, English knowledge, plus analytical and customer service skills, excellent relationship and ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment, providing support to different LAC processes
- Book on time equity, taxes, restructuring journal entries.
- Journal allocation Maintenance.
- Income tax accrual, monthly calculation.
- Monthly financial statement submission.
- Perform year end roll over process.
- Assure that all month end close processes are done correctly.
- Monthly account reconciliations (accruals, payroll, prepaid, accounts payable, equity, sales, Hyperion, other assets, long and short term litigation reserves, etc)
- Montly Balance Sheet Review files consolidation.
- Ensure all monthly metrics are properly prepare and distributed on time.
- Analyze and resolve exception/error generated from the process.
- Troubleshoot with all BAS departments and Americas’s finance contacts.
- Attend meetings with customers and Baxter personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly reports when required, using PC software, Word, Excel, Hyperion, PowerPoint and JDE.
- Ensure all services provided are complying with SLA’s, S-Ox and Corporate Policies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by management.
- Attend controllers, regional managers, planning department and corporate external and internal audit.
- Coordinates and summit reconciliation and journal reports in Blackline.
- Prepare the monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.