A2R General Ledger ManagerReq # JR - 037150 Location Heredia, Provincia de Heredia, Costa Rica Job Category Finance Date posted 05/02/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The purpose of the role is to transform the effectiveness and efficiency of the operations in A2R Department with a focus on Americas’ general ledger and fixed assets transactions by identifying and facilitating operational changes and process improvement initiatives in alignment with local, regional and global initiatives and metrics. This position will drive operational excellence, productivity improvements and standardization by 1) developing and executing on performance driven indicators, 2) driving continuous improvement within the process aligned teams, 3) supporting global initiatives and 4) ensuring compliance monitoring at all levels of the operation. In addition, this role must work jointly with service delivery partner to monitor and execute agreed service level agreements through established metrics while identifying process improvement opportunities. This role reports to the Sr. Manager for the Americas Region. This role will work closely with the Americas Controller team, A2R Managers, Centers of Expertise Organization (CoE), and A2R Global Process Owner.
- Drive process standardization and process improvements across the región and adapt to a global model where needed
- Establishing and monitoring key performance metrics to measure individual and team performance, service, quality, and customer satisfaction
- Performing root cause analysis to determine corrective actions for improvement.
- Documenting procedures and establishing periodic reviews
- Working with A2R Sr Managers and/or Americas Center of Expertise to complete Site/Regional/Global initiatives to drive operational excellence
- Liaise with Global or Local teams to drive GL&FA initiatives
- Conducting regular meetings cadence with A2R organization and/or other finance members to review performance, provide/obtain feedback and assist on the GL&FA transactional operations
- Identifying areas of improvements in the processes owned at a Local Country Finance level which are impacting the A2R Operations and closely work with CoE team / Controllers to develop and execute action plans around improvement opportunities
- Escalating process issues to respective parties in a timely and structured manner
- Ensuring all department services provided are in compliance with SLA’s, S-Ox and Corporate Policies
- Working closely with Shared Service Center and Local Finance team to ensure a timely and accurate month-end-close
- Conducting monthly reviews with direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Experience: + 5 years of experience in related áreas
- English level: B2+
- Lean Culture knowledge; Processes Focus
- Advance knowledge in Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with diverse groups and individuals.
- Experience in managing teams to results
- Certified Public Accounting or equivalent
- Alteryx, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) knowledge
- JDE/Blackline/HFM knowledge
- Yellow Belt / Black Belt
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.