Tech II, MNF FormulationReq # JR - 046521 Location Hayward, California, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 11/23/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Manufacturing Technician 2 is responsible for executing all processes in production while strictly adhering to cGMP, environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations which could apply.This individual expected to fully participate in both departmental projects and any quality working teams which may be applicable.Under the general direction of the lead technician and the overall direction of the supervisor, this position shall be responsible for the hands on execution of all activities in the production area. He/She initiates minor revisions to existing documents.The incumbent can troubleshoot simple existing procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports all local manufacturing operations.
- Set up and operate general production equipment.
- Support equipment troubleshooting as necessary.
- Complete relevant paperwork following GDP/GMP guidelines.
- Perform cleaning of equipment, small parts, and production area.
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Teams.
- Receive and distribute supplies into the production area as necessary.
- Redline and review pertinent documentation as appropriate.
- Lead stretching exercises.
- Prepare and package product for shipment, where applicable.
- Train new employees on procedures for which he/she is qualified to perform.
- Print out applicable process documentation.
- Perform cycle count.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and understanding of cGMP regulations.
- Incumbent must be proficient in a variety of mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- This position requires shift, weekend and holiday work.
- Overtime may be required at times.
- The incumbent must work in a clean room / classified environment wearing special garments.
- Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office/Word/Excel applications.
- Familiarity with Medical Device equipment.
- Understand basic chemical and biological safety procedures per applicable guidelines.
- Visual inspection is required, and near point corrected vision must be at least 20/25 or country specific equivalent. Vision checkup will be performed on an annual basis. Inspectors shall pass a standard eye test including a near vision acuity test. If employees fail to meet the minimum vision standard, they should be referred to their optometrist for further correction. If the vision cannot be corrected, the employee must be assigned to other areas.
- Requires High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing related experience or AA degree with no manufacturing related experience required.
- Cleanroom experience is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Hayward, CA 94545
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now