Sr Tech, CalibrationReq # JR - 021981 Location Hayward, California, United States Job Category Quality Control Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Baxter Master Title
Sr. Calibration Technician
(Main purpose of the job)
Responsible for performing maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, calibration and repair on a variety of circuits, components, analytical equipment and instruments for laboratory and manufacturing equipment.
Prepares technical reports, perform trending on equipment and processes, and determines acceptability of product and processes based on data analysis and specifications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(List of primary responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the work. Incumbent may perform other duties as assigned.)
- Follows sequence of testing from calibration procedures for instruments and equipment and ensures all tasks are performed in compliance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Creates and maintains equipment file for each piece test/manufacturing equipment requiring calibration.
- Sets up standards and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Applies formulas to solve problems in measurements and calibrations.
- Assists engineers in evaluation plans and procedures, to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording and indicating instruments and equipment.
- Ensures all tasks are performed in compliance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Serve as a technical resource on metrology issues.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.)
- asic understanding of metrology with an ability to deal with moderately complex processes and procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate judgment and initiative in problem resolution.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Good communication skills and detail oriented
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma with 3-5 years related experience in calibration or related field with proven problem solving skills.
- Associates Degree preferred
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. If not applicable, then edit or remove.)
- Regular attendance is necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Light work, frequent lifting up to XX lbs; frequent standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. If not applicable, then edit or remove.)
- Minimal to moderate travel required.
- Normal office working conditions: computer, phone, files, fax, copier.
- Personal Protective Equipment: Steel Toe Shoes and Safety Glasses where applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.