Planner II - Supply ChainReq # JR - 025877 Location Hayward, California, United States Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 08/19/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Planner II will coordinate the production of all finished goods for the manufacturing facility while balancing customer service, plant efficiency, sales, distribution, and inventory requirements.
- Independently develop and maintain schedules for product lines using MRP system tools
- Collaborate with manufacturing teams and project teams on scheduling customer production and project builds
- Analyze plant capacity for one or multiple plants and manage product conversions and new product introductions independently.
- Meet service and inventory targets to meet business objectives.
- Work on projects assigned by senior management. May assist in leading projects of limited scope.
- Reconcile and maintain code level inventory to meet business needs.
- Maintain product code data and statistics in various systems (JDE, OPPI).
- Identify and inform manager of excess, slow move and obsolete inventory issues. Recommends actions that should be taken to resolve issues.
- Accountable for tracking PVP and schedule adherence and working with production to meet targets and improve where there are gaps to target.
- Work with RM planning to understand and mitigate impact of RM receipts that are not released in time to meet scheduling requirements. This includes working with RM planning of schedule changes to ensure RM ‘s available
- Releases and tracks FG and WIP work orders through to release
- Utilizes pipeline management tool to control and analyze pipeline- inclusive of building and managing an 8-week pipeline report that clearly identifies low coverage and potential back-orders at the code level
- Proactively communicates supply risk into US and Global BO communication leads as well as work mitigation solutions.
- Ability to operate in the complex, matrixed environment.
- Requires strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Computer skills and systems knowledge required.
- BS in Supply Chain/Operations/Logistics or similar field of study; 1 - 2 years related experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.