Manufacturing tech 1- 2nd ShiftReq # JR - 051194 Location Hayward, California, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 11/22/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Manufacturing Technician I is responsible for executing all processes in production while strictly adhering to cGMP, environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations which could apply. He/She is expected to fully participate in both departmental projects and any quality working teams which may be applicable. Under the general direction of the lead technician and the overall direction of the supervisor, this position shall be responsible for the hands-on execution of all activities in the production area.
Essential Job Duties
- Support all local manufacturing operations.
- Operate general production equipment.
- Complete relevant documentation following GDP/GMP guidelines.
- Perform cleaning of equipment, small parts, and production area.
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Teams.
- Receive and distribute supplies into the production area as necessary.
- Perform daily cleaning of the production area Revise and review pertinent documentation as appropriate.
- Lead stretching exercises Prepare and package product for shipment.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and understanding of cGMP regulations. Incumbent must be proficient in general mathematics.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions. Good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- This position may require shift, weekend, and holiday work.Overtime may be required at times.
- The incumbent must be able to wear special production garments.Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office/Word/Excel applications.
- Requires high school diploma with 0-2 years related manufacturing experience.
- Regular attendance is necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs. In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Hayward, CA 94545
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now