EHS SpecialistReq # JR - 072377 Location Hayward, California, United States Job Category EHS Date posted 06/20/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This position will be responsible for providing EHS support and will be a trusted partner to our employees and managers to Interact and work with a diverse group of people to drive safety and sustainability awareness. This position will work with the EHS Supervisor in planning and executing Baxter’s environmental, health and safety programs to sustain and improve performance and ensure a positive, safe, healthful, and incident-free work environment.The candidate will possess a high degree of motivation, ability to communicate, influence and collaborate effectively with all levels of employees. The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to be “hands-on,” learn rapidly, and make a positive impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use influence to advance EHS&S compliance/programs with proactive, transparent and effective messaging in line with Baxter Corporate policies, State and Federal regulations.
- Facilitate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the attainment of the company’s goals relative to EHS&S outcomes.
- Assist in emergency response and preparedness and be available to respond to emergencies for two shift business operation.
- Assists with annual department goals according to key metrics (TRIR, energy consumption) that are measured throughout the organization.
- Work independently to perform EHS inspections and audits of facilities, processes and equipment as well as work diligently to ensure the closure of any identified corrective and preventive actions.
- Conduct and coordinate EHS trainings and onboarding process for employees.
- Coordinate the wellness programs in alignment with corporate initiatives and local wellness team.
- Assists in the management of the workers' compensation program including claims monitoring and administration, report generation, and communication with employees, managers, insurance carriers, medical staff for litigated/non-litigated claims.
- Partner with management and others on the investigation of incidents, including “near-misses” to identify root causes and corrective/preventive actions.
- Perform industrial hygiene activities such as air and noise monitoring as well as respiratory protection fit tests and training.
- Work with others to evaluate hazardous conditions and practices, including managing Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) to develop and implement hazard control practices and programs.
- Implement solutions that will support management's efforts to improve and maintain compliance and best practices including leading the lockout/tagout and other essential EHS programs.
- Research industry “Best-Practices” to ensure world class leadership in EHS&S.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering or related field required
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience
- Knowledge of EHS and Worker’s Compensation rules and regulations
- Ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Self-motivated, strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Good communication, written and oral skills
- Excellent organizational skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle a broad range of tasks simultaneously and priorities and work cross-functionally in a highly-matrixed environment.
- Working knowledge of medical products industry preferred
- Experience with ISO14001 preferred.
- CSP preferred.
- Data Management responsibilities include EHS CAPA tracking, waste documentation, regulatory submittals, and others as assigned.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Hayward, CA 94545
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now