Network Technical LeadReq # JR - 062208 Location Guadalajara, Jalisco, México Job Category Information Technology Date posted 02/24/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- Ability to explain and gather requirements for medium to complex projects. This includes translating business need to technical specifications and execution of solutions.
- Participate in design discussion regarding Security technologies implementation (business-to-business Extranet, Operating Technology (OT) Manufacturing Network segregation, Fortinet/CISCO Firewall, remote access solutions, NAC, URL filtering, SSL decryption…)
- Configure and install various security devices and services (e.g., firewalls, extranet, IPSEC, NAC, etc )
- Ability to setup firewall(s) from scratch
- Ability to configure multi-context (ASA)/ virtual domains (Fortinet)
- Ability to configure either HA or clustering. HA is preferred
- Ability to create and provide detailed documentation and Visio drawings for Network Security designs and configurations.
- Ability to improve processes and speed of delivery by simplification and automation.
- Ability to interact with global colleagues, customers and suppliers for problem resolution. Vendors include infrastructure carriers that provide network connectivity and security technologies.
- Work within Baxter IT Standard Operating Procedures, best practices and change management policies to ensure awareness, compliance and success of implementations made to the network and security infrastructure.
- Monitor and report system resource utilization, security posture, trending, and capacity planning.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Maximizes network stability by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network security problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network security optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Ability to coordinate with the Corporate Security team to implement security policy and react to security incidents.
- Assist with security investigations and mitigate security incidents.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Cisco and other IT security manufacturers
- Extensive knowledge of Security: Cisco ASA, Firepower Threat Defense, Fortinet Firewalls, Splunk
- Working Knowledge of WAN technologies. Including BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VPN, QoS, Cisco routers, LAN2LAN VPN, SDWAN.
- Working knowledge of LAN Switching technologies, Including VSS, OSPF, Cisco 3850, 68xx, 4500, Nexus 9000 switches
- Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, IPAM on Infoblox platform
- SolarWinds, PRTG, Cacti and other Network Management solutions
- Network automation (Python, git, Linux, ...)
- Cloud services such as zScaler or/and Amazon Web Services (security groups)
- Bachelor of Science in IT or related engineering fields.
- 5+ years experience managing and implementing complex network and security solutions.
- Cisco Certification:
- Cisco CCIE Security certification
- Cisco CCNP Route Switch is a plus
- Excellent verbal and writing communication in English and Spanish.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Boulevard Puerta de Hierro
45116 Zapopan, JAL
Mexico Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now