Network ArchitectReq # JR - 051260 Location Guadalajara, Jalisco, México Additional locations Deerfield, Illinois; Mississauga, Ontario Job Category Information Technology Date posted 05/25/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Job Description Summary:
- Baxter Healthcare is a global company with a mission to save and sustain lives. We have locations in over 100 countries.
- As part of the Network Services team, the Network Architect will be mainly responsible for creating new solutions, focused on connectivity requirements, for new business and IT projects. This is a unique opportunity to join a team with very broad responsibility and very interesting projects & technologies.
- One of the key initiatives will be related to the network integration of the Hillrom company into Baxter from a network perspective.
- This position requires extensive knowledge and experience of IP networking solutions and network security systems. This role will be part of a Global Team supporting business requirements in all regions.
- The Network Architect will also be involved in other large projects, including newer connectivity and security models with the cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI, etc), continuous improvement to network and network security standards, review and selection of new vendors and solutions, collaboration with IT architects across the organization to evaluate cross-team solutions, define connectivity solutions for new business requirements, etc. You will also provide engineering guidance for network and security teams managing the overall environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Technical Network Integration effort from a global perspective. Analyze the current Hillrom environment, design and implement the different phases of the integration under direction provided by the Infrastructure Architecture board. Duties involve among others:
- Define IT network solutions that address Baxter and Hillrom business requirements.
- Design and lead implementation of network security implementation between the 2 companies.
- Document and help put in place complex, high-impact network changes.
- Provide network troubleshooting support only for the largest, most complex outages.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented network services.
- Lead and coach the network engineers on all technical topics.
- The Network Architect must be well versed in the advanced engineering and administration of routers, multilayer switches, network security devices, network management systems, as well as networking with the “clouds” and in the “clouds”.
- The Network Architect will also provide guidance in large network design projects, document solution, provide configuration template, validate solution in a test environment, define verification scripts, etc.
- Ability to explain and gather requirements for medium to complex projects. This includes translating business need to technical specifications and execution of solutions.
- Participate in design discussion regarding new Security technologies implementation (new DMZ, Extranet and B2B connectivity improvement, Manufacturing Network protection, next-gen firewall, user remote access, SASE, etc).
- Ability to create and provide detailed documentation and drawings for network and Security designs and configurations.
- Ability to improve processes and speed of delivery through simplification and automation.
- Ability to interact with colleagues, customers and suppliers around the world.
- Keep standards up to date and documented.
- Collaborate with automation team on automating all standard network design and tasks.
- Work within Baxter IT Standard Operating Procedures, best practices and change management policies to ensure awareness, compliance and success of implementations made to the network and security infrastructure.
- Interested in technology in general, networking and security in particular. Keen learner.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with good project management experience, including in international environment.
- Candidate must be a team player and be able to follow processes and procedures.
- Self-disciplined, self-starter, professional who can successfully bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance, and oversight.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; additional languages are a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of networking protocols and standards such as Ethernet protocols (spanning-tree, LACP, MLAG, ARP, MAC learning, cabling standards, etc); WiFI ; IP addressing, subnetting, summarization ; routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, redistribution); Policy-Based Routing; IPsec VPN, B2B/Extranet connectivity, NAT, GRE ; QoS ; traffic filtering, ACL; multicast ; BFD ; etc.
- Understanding and practical experience with cloud providers networking and network security in the cloud providers would be seen as a clear advantage (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Understanding of the telecommunication provider technologies (MPLS; EVPN; DIA).
- Experience with some of the following products and solutions: Cisco ISR, ASR, Catalyst, Nexus, WLC, ASA, FTD; Fortinet firewalls; Zscaler ZIA and ZPA; Infoblox; PaloAlto firewalls.
- Experience with other vendors is a plus (Arista, Aruba, Juniper, Nokia, etc).
- Understanding and practical experience with SDWAN solutions, for example SilverPeak, Cisco/Viptela, Fortinet.
- Experience with network automation (for example jinja2 templates, git, Ansible, Python, Netbox, API, etc).
- Experience with Unified Communications (IP Telephony, Video, contact centers, modern collaboration tools) would be a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- At least Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering fields with 10+ years of experience.
- Cisco CCIE certifications, or equivalent level from other vendors, are considered as key advantages.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Boulevard Puerta de Hierro
45116 Zapopan, JAL
Mexico Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now