Application Support SpecialistReq # JR - 061169 Location Guadalajara, Jalisco, México Job Category Information Technology Date posted 07/13/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
· As a Application Support Specialist you will have to support critical serialization application and other Java application. This role involves close teamwork with our manufacturing plants, customers, and other Global IT teams to successfully implement solutions and new capabilities.
· The candidate will support varied work that this team provides, in JAVA programming, system integrations, software validation, subject matter expertise, and problem solving. This position is still technical in nature with broader responsibilities.
· Key member of Global IT Serialization and Implement Product Serialization/
solutions to electronically/globally track drugs chain of custody through supply chain
· The role involves as support technical lead/developer and systems analysis
· Support/implement integration solutions using Java/Spring framework in the app-to-app
· Great exposure to Baxter’s global manufacturing business, in a rapidly-growing global field
· Define requirements that drive solutions for new initiatives/existing applications
· Lead projects as sole contributor or part of team
· Develop/support applications/interfaces of the system
· Solve complex problems in a demanding business environment
· Manage/define test activities within a validated environment, manage configuration changes in
· Identify opportunities/implement solutions to streamline processes, automate tasks, utilize new
tools and technologies, and enhance customer satisfaction
· Liaison between business users, customers and technical teams
· Work with Application Vendors/Support teams for problem solving/ troubleshooting/packaged
application enhancement features.
· 5+ years systems experience developing/supporting applications to solve business problems
· Requirements analysis, data analysis and critical thinking to assess needs, requirements or
issues/determine appropriate course of action.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Experience with Computer Systems Validation
· Ability to work globally across multiple time zones.
· Healthcare, Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing business processes, and Quality validated systems.
· Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or MIS preferred or relevant
work experience in business system applications or related field
· 5+ years’ in Java with using Spring MVC framework
· Implementation of Service Oriented Architecture by publishing and consuming Web Services
that are developed using SOAP and RESTful protocols with frameworks like JAX-WS, Apache
· Experience in developing UI using jQuery, JSON and Ajax.
· Integration and deployment of applications using tools like ANT, Maven and debugging through
logging frameworks like log4j.
· Experience in using IDEs such as Rational Application Developer, Eclipse etc.
· Good understanding of WSDL, XML, JAXB, XSD.
· Good experience in using various version controls like SVN, CVS.
· Good understanding in working with IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM WebSphere MQ,
Java Messaging Services.
· Able to troubleshoot and resolve application defects
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Boulevard Puerta de Hierro
45116 Zapopan, JAL
Mexico Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now