IT Specialist - Tableau DeveloperReq # JR - 064862 Location Guadalajara, Jalisco, México Job Category Information Technology Date posted 04/04/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Cognos 11, Tableau (6-8 years)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This role will provide Level 3 support
- Respond to and resolve tickets on technical issues related to Cognos BI within defined SLAs.
- Ability to communicate with business and required teams on any issues reported with the Cognos / Tableau reports.
- Deep level troubleshooting of issues reported in Cognos / Tableau Reports/Cubes with the help of backend SQL queries which includes RCA.
- Partner with the DBA, Data Architecture, other Business Intelligence teams to facilitate issue resolution.
- Understand business processes, data requirements and data flows.
- Experience with the performance testing of reports and the ability to quickly identify and resolve performance issues.
- Exposure to administration activities of Cognos & Tableau.
- Ability to apply past knowledge to provide suggestion to improve quality of support.
- Proactively identify potential problems and make recommendations for resolution.
- Participate in technical discussions to improve processes and applications
- Ability to apply operational processes that include best practices in administrative support and production support.
List all skills required for the position
- Cognos 11, Tableau 2018
- Knowledge on Support process
- Knowledge in Data warehousing is must
- At least 5+ years of experience in Cognos tool and 2+ years in Tableau required.
- Latest 2+ years’ experience should be in BI development.
- Required good understanding in dimensional modeling concepts.
- Should be good in database concepts, SQL query building.
Educational Qualification: BE/MCA /M.Sc degree
- Ability to work and deliver in a very high paced environment with limited information at times to support business needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong critical listening and thinking skills
Nice to have skills
- Exposure to ETL Tools & Scripting languages.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Boulevard Puerta de Hierro
45116 Zapopan, JAL
Mexico Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now