Analytic Platform Senior Analyst - Guadalajara, MexicoReq # JR - 069423 Location Guadalajara, Jalisco, México Job Category Information Technology Date posted 05/19/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter
Assist Baxter with technical support and communications related to various analytic platforms supported. Requires the ability to work independently, as well as in cooperation with a variety of customers and other technical professionals. Administrative responsibilities will include system administration support for multiple tools, as well as change control and validation for all system tools.
What you'll be doing
• Understand the technical architecture and provide administrative support within the area(s) of functional responsibility across the Cognos, Tableau, Collibra and Oracle APEX platforms.
• Display proficiency in platform administration tasks including installation, configuration, upgrade, tuning, security, and problem resolution within the area(s) of functional responsibility as per business demand.
• Provide technical support within the area(s) of functional responsibility including but not limited to system and application monitoring, starting/stopping application services, issue identification, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and implementation of patches to address critical platform issues.
• Assist various teams engaged in data warehousing and client/server projects with best demonstrated practices in application design, testing, security models and administration/support.
• Apply experience as a technical specialist / architect to support and maintain stability across the enterprise validated analytics platforms.
• Understand and apply knowledge related to the various cloud computing and deployment model and present options to solve various use-cases.
• Identify opportunities to streamline day-to-day support tasks. Assist with the design and development of automated processes to implement solutions to minimize manual tasks across the analytics platforms.
• Ensure the analytical platforms are sized appropriately to meet business demand while optimizing overall platform cost.
• Understand and apply knowledge of various software development life cycles (SDLC) to design, develop, test, and implement supportable and sustainable enterprise solutions.
• Ensure that all administrative tasks, procedures, and best practices within the area(s) of functional responsibility are well documented and communicated.
• Ensure that adopted change control process is applied for all system changes on validated platforms.
• Mentor other team members as needed.
What you'll bring
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in computer sciences or relevant work experience with global information systems
• 7+ years’ experience in providing global information system solutions to solve business problems
• Proficiency in both Microsoft Windows Server and Linux operating systems.
• Hands-on experience with AWS services essential to support daily analytical platform operations.
• Experience with a variety of security tools and technologies including Microsoft Active Directory and LDAP; experience with Okta and SailPoint preferred.
• Extensive system administration experience on one or more analytical platforms is required.
• Experience with supporting global platforms, taking proactive action when needed, to ensure stability and avoid outages.
• Experience in upgrading and patching analytical platforms to meet business requirements.
• Experience with various AWS tools and services to evaluate, performance tune, troubleshoot, and apply best practices for cost optimization.
• Experience with scripting and automation technologies to automate and standardize processes, including but not limited to system upgrades, automated testing, version control and application deployment; PowerShell, Python, and Jenkins preferred.
• Experience using server technologies (i.e.,) to provide standard processes to upgrade and patch platforms, as well as automated testing, version control and deployments.
• Mentor team members to improve technical proficiency in addressing platform related issues.
• Excellent written/ verbal communications and critical thinking skills a must.
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Energetic and self-motivated team player with proven ability to work in both independent and team environment.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Boulevard Puerta de Hierro
45116 Zapopan, JAL
Mexico Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now