Digital Product SpecialistReq # JR - 043464 Location Gloucester, England, United Kingdom Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 07/15/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This is a customer facing position that interacts with internal and external customers to assist with the implementation of Baxter Software Products.
The role primarily focuses on providing product consultancy, configuration, training, and testing services for the ICNet software product suite to globally distributed customers.
Additionally it is currently a really exciting time in the evolution of the role at Baxter as ever more Digital Products are being developed and so role is also playing a key part in providing consultancy, configuration, training and testing services as EMEA regional experts to that increasing portfolio of Baxter products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing product consultancy around how customers can best leverage product capabilities to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with customers to turn consultancy outcomes into solution build
- Support customers with end solution testing
- Developing and delivering blended-learning offerings compromised of e-learning, recorded material, web-based instructor led training and face to face training. Development of bespoke training schemas where required.
- Guiding users through User Acceptance for implemented and configured Digital Products.
- Act as part of a small pool of global experts in ICNET product best practice usage.
- Developing user guides and designing training courses.
- Work with Baxter global Services teams to transition Digital products from R&D to EMEA Services teams.
- Assist Global Services teams in the development and implementation of custom training schemes.
- Support the commercial team to define and provide product demonstrations both virtually and also via face-to-face workshops and conferencing.
- Support departmental and company initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Providing early life support and follow up.
- Providing ongoing training and support to established customers.
- This job involves travel, sometimes overseas.
Qualifications and Experience
- A recognised training delivery qualification (TAP or similar) or 2 years’ experience developing and delivering software related, end user training
- Degree level education
- Ability to understand and analyse complex user requirements and implement on those requirements
- End to end experience of implementing IT system(s) - preferably clinical/healthcare
- Experience of developing and delivering blended learning
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Clinical or healthcare related background beneficial
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.043464