CDL Delivery Driver/Service Specialist - Fife, WAReq # JR - 089794 Location Fife, Washington, United States Job Category CDL Date posted 01/13/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter
The Service Specialist (CDL Delivery Driver) is responsible for safely operating an 18 to 24-foot commercial vehicle while delivering dialysis products to a diverse home patient base, as well as, kidney dialysis centers. Home patient visits consist of delivering dialysis solution, rotation of stock, and order accuracy assurance with occasional order pick-ups and returns.
Schedule: 4 day work week with weekends off (5am-3pm/6am-4pm) some overnights
WHAT WE OFFER FROM DAY 1:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance coverage
- Vision and Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Flexible Health Care Spending Accounts
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Ability to work overtime
- $2,500 sign on bonus after 30 days!
This position is physically demanding and requires this person to make deliveries in exciting locations as our customer base resides in urban and rural localities. Home deliveries will require the incumbent to deliver up to, and at times in excess of 45 cases per delivery.
The Service Specialist works closely with multiple levels of the supply chain; including but not limited to, dialysis patients, regional office staff, customer service team, and healthcare professionals.
What you'll bring
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class A or Class B Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDL) - Air Brake endorsement, MVR check must meet minimum standards as well as understand and follow all DOT rules and requirement
- Valid Medical Card
- Minimum of 1 year of driving comparable equipment with inside delivery experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain driver HOS log using Electronic Logging Device (ELD).
- Pass Industrial Capabilities Test
- Perform multiple day routes that include some overnight travel
- Safely operate material handling equipment such as lift gates, ramps, pallet jacks, walkie rider, Liftkar (stair climbers)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; strong social skills; ability to facilitate and work effectively in diverse, multi-functional teams.
- Follow all safety rules for equipment use and driving outlined by Baxter and DOT
- Ability to adequately distinguish colors to identify product labels
- Working environment encompasses all areas of a distribution center, tractor trailer, patient homes, and dialysis centers
- Repetitive lifting and moving of cases weighing up to 50 pounds
- Frequent entering and exiting of vehicle
- Frequent bending, crouching, twisting, reaching, grasping, climbing, and balancing
- Frequent kneeling, squatting and wrist turning
- Work efficiently and effectively in extreme cold and/or extreme heat
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a salary range of $36,000 to $90,000.
The above range represents the expected salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Fife, WA 98424
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now