Team Leader - Production (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)Req # JR - 026675 Location Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 08/31/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
12 Month Fixed Term Contract to support Maternity Leave.
The Team Leader is responsible for assisting in leading the compounding team in the unit with respect to compounding, quality and EHS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Team Leader is accountable and responsible for the following activities:
- Operations in the cleanroom, liaising with Supervisors and promoting workflow.
- Ensure all Team Members inside cleanroom suite comply with SOPs, GMP/GDP & EHS requirements.
- Coordinate staff members rostered for the session according to production workflow
- Organise workflow by liaising with Production Flow Controller and allocating staff, jobs, as well as moving any stock (i.e. urgent, short expiry jobs etc.).
- Identify, Report, escalate any cleanroom issues, faults or non-conformances to Operations Supervisor/ QA Specialist.
- Assist with coordination of training and assist in the planning and tracking of operator broth test and ensure that samples are performed in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements of EH&S and appropriate handling of incidents. Ensure compliance with health programs
- Perform daily checks and signoffs on GMP documentation
- Perform weekly routine planning of isolator & equipment cleaning and maintenance activities and ensure that activities are carried out as per schedule
- Assist in the investigation, the identification and implementation of corrective action for non-conformances.
- Liaise with the Quality department on quality related issues including maintaining and development of GMP within the manufacturing area.
- Taking responsibility, as assigned, for supervision, coordination and/ or execution of quality and EHS actions, validations, calibrations, labelling, environmental monitoring, micro-laboratory, purchasing and stock control.
- Assist in training of staff
- Perform reconciling/ job checking as required.
- Inventory management and troubleshooting in the cleanroom
- Compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Distribution Practices (GDP), as applicable
- Compliance to Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or Degree in Science/Healthcare-related discipline (desirable but not essential)
- Previous experience in a GMP healthcare production environment or experience of aseptic pharmaceutical production gained in a hospital of industrial setting
- Minimum of 18 Months experience working in aseptic compounding (desirable but not essential)
- A knowledge of GMP is desirable
- An interest in learning new technologies and practices
- Self-motivated with good communication & leadership skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Analytical and meticulous approach to resolving problems;
- Highly attentive to detail;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment;
- Ability to prioritize the daily work schedule;
- Adaptable to carrying out different tasks based on the daily scheduling of staff;
- Establish and maintain good working and interpersonal relationship
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure to meet light deadlines
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.