Superintendent PharmacistReq # JR - 032748 Location Dublin, Leinster Job Category Quality Control Date posted 01/08/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter:
A great opportunity has recently arisen for a Superintendent Pharmacist to join a terrific team of 3 for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, based in our Deansgrange, Sth County Dublin site.
You will help Baxter Homecare Pharmacy deliver a world class experience to all our customers & be responsible for dispensing parenteral medicinal products which are aseptically compounded on site, for delivery and administration to home patients.
Fantastic hours: Open 9am-7pm Monday to Friday and each pharmacist works either 9am-5.30pm or 10.30am-7pm as per work roster; a total of 37.5 hours a week. No weekend or on-call work required!
What are the responsibilities of a Superintendent Pharmacist?
In this role, you will:
- Ensure compliance with Irish Pharmacy Legislation and Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (PSI) Guidance.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of Baxter Homecare Pharmacy, ensuring that all staff are fit to practice and pharmacy facilities are both fit for purpose and in compliance with PSI guidelines.
- Generating all relevant paperwork and records are updated and stored in accordance with the relevant pharmacy legislation.
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Customer Services, Quality Departments, Dispatch and Transport Teams as well as external stakeholders such as the home nursing providers and hospital prescribing teams, to ensure the best possible care.
- Liaising with hospital teams to address any queries that might arise as a result of the clinical and pharmacy review and the accuracy check.
- Preparation and maintenance of work roster for Baxter Homecare Pharmacy.
- Ensuring that all Baxter pharmacy staff are appropriately trained to deliver the home therapies service.
- Supporting all relevant Baxter projects, including process development and quality improvement initiatives associated with the Pharmacy.
- Ensuring compliance with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements.
We are looking for someone that has:
- A Pharmacy degree
- Is registered as a Pharmacist with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland
- Post qualification experience as a Pharmacist of 3 years in a registered retail pharmacy business or in a patient facing role approved by the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (PSI)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Bonus – Clinical pharmacy experience
- Bonus – Experience with Quality or Risk Management Systems
- The ability to communicate and work with all manner of team members, in a conscientious and inclusive way.
- Develop a culture of continuous quality improvement
What are some of our benefits of working at Baxter?
- Annual Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
If you like the sound of the above role and if this role resonates with you, then we’d love to talk to you. Apply here as we would love to discuss it in more detail with you.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.