Operations Manager, ProductionReq # JR - 038333 Location Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 04/09/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
An opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager based in our Sandyford site to provide daily Operational governance and leadership for the compounding unit. The role will ensure that Safety, Quality, Delivery and Financial KPI’s are tracked and met.
The Operations Manager will also play a strategic role in the development of the site and employees to ensure delivery.
You are someone looking to drive business decisions through data and analytics, Thrive in a fast-paced working environment, can pivot and work autonomously and are excited about working in a learning and growth culture
Reporting to the Unit Manager, you will have the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities; manage time, multiple tasks, and deadlines effectively as well as possess proficient interpersonal skills.
In this role, you will do many things which also include:
- Work cross-functionally to support the business in key decision making
- Understand global demands and nuances, and partner with leaders on regional projects
- Respond to business requests, compile root cause analyses and solve common issues
- Support cross-functional programs, processes, and systems to drive performance and productivity improvements
- On time delivery to customers exceeding expectations with regards to Quality & Delivery.
- Management of the monthly budget against a challenging balance score card.
- Introduce Daily Governance meetings and work to the Baxter Tiered Meetings approach.
- Ensure day to day governance and disciplines to pharmaceutical regulatory standards are adhered to GMP and Audit Ready behaviours.
- Initiating CAPAs and supporting investigations in conjunction with Quality team.
- Promote employee engagement through one to one coaching. Coach and mentor employees to ensure effective performance in their roles.
- Create a multi skilled workforce to aid business stability.
- Provision of monthly reporting data.
- Drive effective problem-solving issues and support the on time closure of Corrective Action and preventative Action system.
- Promoting and driving a continuous improvement culture with quantifiable Year On Year savings.
We are looking for people who have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of Operational Management within a Pharmaceutical / Medical Device at senior level with responsibility of high cost budgets and large teams of skilled and semi-skilled people.
- Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty; can decide and act without having the total picture; can effectively cope with and initiate change; can shift gears comfortably; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things if priorities shift; can overcome barriers and anticipate issues
- Proven capability for leadership, previous team management experience.
- You are a collaborative problem-solver who will work closely with members of Quality, Engineering and Operations
- Previous relevant experience in a manufacturing environment preferably compounding.
- Knowledge of GMP is essential
- Knowledge of plant, equipment and processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of managing and controlling budgets.
- Previous experience of establishing KPI’s and measures within a maintenance function.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment legislation.
- Previous line management responsibility with real time experience of a Lean manufacturing environment.
- Lean tools and techniques within a Pharmaceutical / Medical Device environment
- Actively support and propose process improvement initiatives.
What are some of our benefits of working at Baxter?
- Annual Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Baxter is committed to growing and developing an inclusive and diverse workforce – you can read more about our specific values here https://www.baxter.com/careers/inclusion-diversity.
At Baxter, we are all about partnerships, this is where you collaborate.
If you like the sound of the above role and feel this is a place where you can bring your whole self to work, then we’d love to talk to you. Apply here, we’d love to discuss it with you.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.