COE Controller IberiaReq # JR - 020067 Location Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Job Category Finance Date posted 04/09/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
This position is part of a newly formed Accounting Center of Expertise (CoE).
The role of the Accounting CoE is to ensure accuracy and integrity of US GAAP and statutory financial statements for entities across EMEA region, provide expertise in complex accounting matters and decisions, and build strong partnership with Shared Service Centre, local country finance, commercial and other functional organizations to support financial and accounting processes in compliance with US GAAP and statutory requirements and company’s policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support development of and provide strong leadership to Controlling team.
- Oversee US GAAP, statutory and tax accounting and reporting for the entities in scope; ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the reporting.
- Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls.
- Work closely with Shared Service Centres and Service Delivery partners in execution of end to end finance processes.
- Maintain strong relationship with key stakeholders: local business, operations and decision support management.
- Act as a reference point for all complex accounting and tax issues.
- Support local, regional and global projects, as required; provide financial expertise in such projects.
- Be an activate advocate of finance function.
- Maintain focus on continuous process improvement.
- 5 years’ relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit.
- Expert in US GAAP and tax matters.
- Knowledge of local GAAPs for the countries in scope.
- Proven team leader.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mind-set.
- Fluency in Spanish is essential
- Fluency of English is essential
- Knowledge of Portuguese is ideal
- Strong reporting tools and MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint essential.
- Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting or qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Experience in JDE and Pega Tools an advantage.
- Additional hours at critical times (e.g. month-end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require Public Holiday.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.