Supply Chain ManagerReq # JR - 074709 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 08/05/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Supply Manager will work directly with both peers and mid-management members of Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Marketing and Finance to effectively collect, develop, train and communicate supply chain actions that will drive an integrated operational, sales and financial planning process.
You will collect and aggregate electromechanical Instrument supply chain information weekly and communicate to mid-level management metrics; influence key leaders and stakeholders to take recommended actions to improve processes in the demand, capacity, supply and inventory arena. This position will leverage best practices and drive for continuous improvement for the Front Line Care and Care Solutions businesses. In addition, individual will assist in integrating the electromechanical ERPs into the Baxter planning ERP/planning tools (JD Edwards Enterprise One system/Kinaxis).
The Supply Manager is responsible for assisting supply and delivery of products while obtaining the optimal balance between cost and service. This balance allows Baxter to achieve sales goals by minimizing back orders and reduce costs through inventory optimization. You will identify constraints and issues associated with the established production and replenishment plans and develop options available for resolving issues. Will also work directly and autonomously with plant planning, customer service, product managers, and directors of marketing to identify customer service issues, coordinate activities necessary to identify options for resolution and recommend best path forward.
What you'll be doing:
- Train and assist in calculating and maintaining safety stocks and other planning parameters. Driving discipline in safety stock and inventory reviews necessary to establish, monitor and improve customer service performance
- Communicate business performance against key business indicators and associated metrics
- Support order management for regional product distribution to include by not limited to communicate delivery, shipment, and stock availability dates
- Coordinate with site planning, marketing, finance and other functional teams to support plant consolidations, product line transfers, new product launches and other projects that may impact targeted customer service levels, inventory investment and other operating objectives
- Attend and actively participate in recurring Sales and Operations Planning Meetings, staff meetings, process improvement teams, and IS projects
- Actively seek out ways to improve and enhance Global Supply Chain processes and follow-up on the review/implementation of improvements
- Provide high quality advice to customers regarding data availability, accuracy, and relevance to specific questions as a basis for decision support
- Coordinate with Manufacturing, Sales/Marketing, Engineering, Finance, Quality and other disciplines to support Global and Corporate initiatives, product line transfers, new product launches and other projects that may impact targeted inventory investment or other operating objectives
- Assist in the development of GSC strategies, policies, and objectives. Objectives include sales and operations planning policy, customer service objectives, inventory levels, backlog/lead time objective, and planning time fences
- Influence stakeholders in the GSC and make key decisions that will interact and impact other functional area.
What you will bring:
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience
- Strong Excel skills required
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Understanding and comprehension of the entire supply chain, sales and operations planning and concepts
- Can identify issues, problems and opportunities to drive process improvement to conclusion while maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work on projects with minimal supervision
- Manage multiple priorities while achieving deadlines
- Professional business communication with customer service, distribution center personnel, manufacturing, marketing, IS, finance/accounting, logistics, and senior management
- Mediation skills
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Chicago, IL 60601
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now