Sr Risk AnalystReq # JR - 020204 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Finance Date posted 04/21/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Risk Management Analyst oversees the creation, production, and management of key metrics, dashboards, databases, and tools used to assess risk appetite and measure insurance program performance. Risk Management coordinates global insurance coverages, sets the strategy and guidelines for risk management efforts and insurance procurement globally as well as partners with business functions to identify, assess and manage risks. The primary role of this position is to identify systemic solutions that solve financial and business needs for the department.
The primary role of this position is to lead the design and strategy for analytics, reporting, and process improvement. Responsible for providing critical insights and business intelligence around Baxter’s risk and claim portfolio using multiple sources of data. The Analyst uses data to guide department through all programs and initiatives, enabling continuous improvement in data quality, departmental performance, and overall business performance. Considered the subject matter expert to establish, communicate, and execute reporting. This role will report into the Director, Risk Management within Treasury.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing management of Baxter’s new RMIS system (Riskonnect). Position will serve as RMIS System Administrator and provide ongoing training and support to the team.
- Build out of Risk Management’s internal website on the Microsoft Sharepoint platform. Combine the use of Riskonnect with website for optimized “one stop solution” for internal Baxter stakeholders
- Manage the annual renewal process by completing applications and collecting data for all lines of insurance coverages.Consolidate and analyze insurance underwriting data for management review.Create processes within RMIS system to move email data and collection to a systematic process.
- Support, maintain, and streamline data interfaces. Analyst plays a part in shaping the data infrastructure, inclusive of data-warehousing, reporting, and analytics platforms.
- Troubleshoot data interface issues. Utilize data warehousing knowledge to understand the Riskonnect architecture and correct error in data uploads
- Clean up data in RMIS system
- Create key operational and strategic dashboards metrics across all areas of risk. Utilize Tableau, Power BI or Cognos to create dashboards.
- Continuous System Development and improvements –Review current manual workflow activities and tasks performed by people, functional areas, and systems, which are designed to achieve a specific outcome, while assuring data quality/integrity. Enhance all manual processes through system enhancements.
- Understand relationships, information exchanges/handoffs, procedures, policies, and observations of work performed
- Provide recommendations and lead discussions with leadership to understand business gaps to provide analytical solutions
- Document processes and procedures to appropriately to build a library of materials so that others can assist with the system administration when needed
- Upload insurance policies to for archival and provide electronic management of data. Create exhaustion charts & program towers
- Create and Maintain TCOR dashboards including total incurred losses, premium, mitigation expenses, etc. for management review
Key Performance Indicators
- On-time delivery of data
- Integrity of data
- Successful automation
- Timely communication
- Solid documentation
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Data Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years working as a Risk Analyst or Financial Analyst / Analytics in a fast paced and dynamic business setting
- Power BI, Cognos, DOMO and Tableau experience required
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Database experience preferred
- Background in SQL preferred but not required
- Must possess exceptional computer skills and demonstrate proficiency in using Ms Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong working knowledge of Sharepoint.
- A proven analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Critical thinker, detail-oriented and accurate
- Excellent analytical skills with understanding of database structures
- Strong written and verbal communication with natural ability to establish means of communication with various stakeholders
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.