Sr. Project Manager, Digital Customer ExperienceReq # JR - 033026 Location Deerfield, Illinois Job Category Business Project Management Date posted 01/20/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Senior Project Manager of Digital Customer Experience is situated in the Digital Transformation Office and plays a vital role enabling Baxter’s company-wide digital operating model empowering people, processes and products. As a key leader of the Digital Customer Experience pillar, this role will have a 360 view of Baxter and be instrumental to achieving our goals of high customer loyalty through efficient agile processes and data driven decisions.
What You'll be Doing:
- Provide business and technical leadership for major, high-complexity programs within the Digital Customer Experience/Business Transformation Office. Program Management plays a critical leadership role across the organization and driving end to end business process improvement and identifying and analyzing significant opportunities for increasing profitability across Baxter. Baxter’s Digital Transformation Office transcends business lines and functional operations, designed to drive increased efficiency, profitability, and automation while delivering improvement to operating margin and growth metrics.
- Versant in Digital solutions (IT tools, database, processes, etc) and digital automation to enable Digital Customer Experience solutions.
- Familiarity with digital marketing concepts including Search Engine Optimization (CEO), Campaign Design, Lead Management, Digital Asset Management and Content Hub
- Fluent in modern design approaches and emerging technology including design thinking, agile delivery, scrum, SaaS, big data, AI/ML, etc.
- Enable fast-paced digital environment through people and culture change initiatives.
- Own programs, tracking, and reporting performance across in-flight programs and managing necessary analytic activity on potential programs.
- Lead cross functional and technical teams in all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closure for digital transformation programs. Establish, track and communicate project risks.
- Manage stakeholder expectations regarding deliverables during program execution.
- Lead teams in timely resolution of complex problems, including development of digital solutions, project plans, resourcing plans and budgets.
- Develop core team and program management capabilities across Baxter.
- Comfortable influencing and communicating with senior leaders across Commercial, Finance, Operations, IT, Quality and Research functions.
- Manage all financial aspects of assigned projects, from initiation through close, which may include capital expenditures, functional expenses, and program positioning.
- Work within the guidelines of project management, standard performance metrics, and regulatory guidelines to apply best practice Project Management skills, methodologies and standards (such as PMBOK).
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering, IT, finance, marketing, or related discipline plus 7 years program management experience. Desired: Master’s degree or equivalent in related discipline
- Minimum: 10 yrs demonstrated success leading multi-site, global or enterprise wide programs in regulated industry; digital/automation experience strongly preferred; healthcare and/or pharma or medical device industry a plus
- PMP (Project Management Professional) and Agile / SAFe Certification preferred
- Self-motivated, team player, good interpersonal skills, and experienced in analyzing complex problems and in driving high performing teams.
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice and Product Development Process requirements
- Strong leadership and financial acumen skills
- Proficient with digital tools and scheduling software
- Ability to operate in a virtual environment of various background and culture
- Respectful of individuals and the diverse contributions of all
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.