Sr. Manager, Supplier DiversityReq # JR - 020467 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Purchasing Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Senior Manager of Supplier Diversity is responsible for leading the development and implementation of a formal Supplier Diversity Program for Baxter’s procurement organization in support of our corporate Diversity.
Reporting to the Director of Supplier Development/Diversity and Sustainability, this highly visible role will also focus on strategic initiatives as we continue to transform the organization globally by driving our core values of speed, simplicity, courage, and collaboration. If you’re ready to make an impact within a fast paced, dynamic global environment this could be the perfect role for you!
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for Baxter’s Supplier Diversity Program and manage all aspects of the program.
- Develop relationships with diverse suppliers and promote networking relationships between suppliers and commodity buying teams to support Baxter’s procurement organization goals.
- Work with external supplier diversity partner councils (MBE Councils, WBE Councils, Veterans Councils, Disability Councils, LGBTQ Councils) to support programs, and create opportunities for diverse suppliers to grow business and support Baxter’s procurement Goals.
- Lead training initiatives across all stakeholders to educate them on supplier diversity requirements, programs, and systems.
- Identify best industry practices in supplier diversity programs by conducting research consisting of external benchmarking, attending conferences, gaining insight from customers and key vendors
- Develop a corporate minority supplier development plan goal and communicates those goals across the entire supply chain
- Establishes a comprehensive internal and external outreach communication plan in support of the overall Baxter corporate vision for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Lead, develop, and manage complex enterprise commodity or category strategies as defined by Strategic Sourcing leadership. Assist with identification of existing diverse suppliers as well as introduce new diverse suppliers for commodities or categories.
- Consults with Procurement, Supply Chain and various business leaders to ensure appropriate identification, qualification, and inclusion of diverse suppliers. Responsible for all reporting of Company’s diverse supplier spend (Tier 1 and Tier 2) (Certified Minority and women-owned businesses) for all business operations and government contracts where applicable
- Develop a supplier diversity corporate policy that clearly defines Executive Management commitment and measures success.
- Works closely with Director, Supplier Diversity and event host to fully understand the vision for events. Coordinates event logistics and provides budget information as needed.
- Supports categories Manager/Director in all RFP’s to ensure consistent approach and reporting practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or other business-related area.
- 7 + years procurement, supply chain and/or Supplier Diversity program management work experience related.
- Knowledgeable in strategic sourcing and vendor management
- Previous work experience in developing and establishing supplier diversity programs and/or organization
- Strong ethical background.
- Excellent leadership and talent development skills.
- Strong decision maker
- Seasoned negotiator with knowledge of cost tools such as material breakdown, benchmarking, value analysis, value engineering, complex RFQ’s and innovative purchasing tools.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis, problem solving, continuous improvement, corrective and preventative action, product quality assurance systems and supplier performance development and evaluation is helpful.
- Ability to travel of 20-30%
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.