Sr Manager, ProcurementReq # JR - 022230 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Alternate Location : Irvine, California, United States Job Category Purchasing Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
This leadership position is responsible for direct and indirect spend, and will support plant level procurement across the Americas for the assigned locations (group of plants) with teams located at each plant. Provide leadership, strategic thinking and expertise on plant operations, supply continuity and execution of projects. Additionally, have working knowledge at a plant level and be involved in transactional activities as needed. Working understanding of procurement expertise related to categories including Resins, Molded Components, Corrugate/Packaging, Chemicals, API’s, Hardware and Compounding categories along with indirect categories as well. Excellent stakeholder management, crisis management and influencing skills are critical for success in this role.
Reporting to the Director of Procurement Operations, this highly visible role will also focus on strategic initiatives as we continue to transform the organization globally by driving our core values of speed, simplicity, courage, and collaboration. If you’re ready to make an impact within a fast paced, dynamic global environment this could be the perfect role for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of Spend Management at your locations including the execution of programs from Global procurement as well as execution of local programs;
- Develop strong, ethical relationships with World Class suppliers and ensure good business practices and consistently compliant to the Baxter Code of Ethics;
- Effectively manages long-term relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders;
- Responsible for supplier relationship management and risk assessment and mitigation plans, maintain and review supplier performance to ensure conformance to supplier management goals (cost, quality, service, delivery);
- Responsible for negotiations and improving spend under contract with the right SLA’s; ensure delivery on company expectations, cost savings and capacity management;
- Support development/execution of a robust category strategies that optimize Baxter’s total supply base, reduce dependence on single/sole sourced suppliers, deliver continuity of supply, and provide for annual year over year cost reductions.
- Deliver annual VIP (cost reductions) and PPV objectives at category and plant levels;
- Work with functional partners (Finance, Quality, Supply Chain, and others) to ensure plant operation schedules are met;
- Jointly, with supplier quality, address supplier quality issues on time.
- Responsible for recruiting, coaching, and driving top talent within the organization;
- Strong ethical background and the ability to take the initiative;
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA desirable. CPM preferred;
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant procurement experience with at least 5 years of leadership.
- Regional (North & South America) experience desirable, global experience a plus. Spanish language skills preferred;
- Experience with plant level procurement activities, both direct and indirect;
- Ability to think strategically and globally;
- Excellent leadership and talent development skills;
- Negotiator with knowledge of cost tools such as material breakdown, benchmarking, value analysis, value engineering, RFQ’s and innovative purchasing tools.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis, problem solving, continuous improvement, corrective and preventative action, product quality assurance systems and supplier performance development and evaluation is helpful.
- Ability to travel of 20-50%, nationally and/or globally.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.