Sr. Manager, Compensation – AmericasReq # JR - 032220 Location Deerfield, Illinois Job Category Human Resources Date posted 01/05/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Sr. Manager, Compensation – Americas
- Designing, communicating and administering broad-based compensation programs that attract, retain and motivate Baxter employees.
- Partners with HRBPs to support business leaders on compensation programs and issues, and balances business knowledge and compensation expertise with an understanding of the various markets.
- In addition to providing compensation support to the Americas, the position is responsible for leading global projects and initiatives.
- Develops and oversees compensation plans and strategies that support the achievement of business objectives and desired organizational culture.
- Works as a strategic partner to HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, business leaders and other internal stakeholders.
- Manages ongoing compensation activities including job evaluations, pay analysis, market reviews, and ad-hoc requests.
- Partners with key stakeholders to design effective sales incentive plans.
- Leads Workday compensation initiatives in partnership with HR Operations and a third-party vendor, ensuring updates and enhancements are accurately reflected in the system. Provides expert Workday guidance to compensation professionals globally.
- Manages resources, timing, and processes for significant HR projects, including the global annual compensation cycle.
- Partners with other compensation team members to develop and lead training and communication to support compensation philosophy, programs, and processes.
- Ensures compensation and incentive programs and policies comply with local laws and regulations.
- Strong team orientation with a collaborative style, which engages stakeholders and leads to good decisions.
- Understands the business and how compensation should be aligned to support business objectives. Understands how compensation contributes to bottom line results.
- Must have a broad knowledge of employee compensation and incentives.
- Leadership skills including strong project management, change management, facilitative and consulting skills.
- Strategic influencing skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with Business HR, HR Operations, other internal stakeholders and vendors to ensure compensation and incentive programs meet the needs of the business.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to articulate complex issues and concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical skills using both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Highly proficient with Excel.
- Ability to understand business issues and cultural differences and apply that knowledge to compensation and incentive design and processes.
- Knowledge of sales incentives including bonus and commission plans is strongly desired.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or country equivalent related experience and 8+ years of broad compensation and/or human resources experience
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge with strong Excel skills
- Sales incentive design experience strongly preferred
- Extensive experience with HR technology applications (Workday preferred)
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.