Sr. Data Analyst, Corporate AuditReq # JR - 023148 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Finance Date posted 06/25/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Data Analytics Lead, Corporate Audit Analytics group will innovate and execute data and analysis of enterprise wide data points (Finance, Operations, IT) for the audit function. This role will play a key starting point of creating and executing the Corporate Audit short-term and long-term Data Analytics (DA) program. This role will provide the data and analysis of Corporate Audit activities and results to support effective oversight and development of integrated as well as development through collaboration with Global IT Robotic Process Automation opportunities. Working with the Sr. Manager of Audit and the broader Corporate Audit leadership team (Operations Manager, Regional Managers), the Sr. Data Analyst will join an audit team undergoing transformation to support the continued evolution and maturity of the Corporate Audit function to meet the needs of the company and the functions supporting it.
- Champion and promote the use of data analytics techniques to Corporate Audit teams to evaluate data sets for trends and anomalies across the enterprise focusing on Finance, Operations and IT
- Support the Sr. Audit Manager and play a key role in helping create and execute of the short-term and long-range Data Analytics (DA) program and audit methodology development
- Lead data extraction, storage, transformation, and processing through data analytics routines, and generate output for analysis and discussion.
- Use data analysis tools to automate audit testing and develop techniques for continuous auditing and analyzing large volumes of data
- Identify and develop relevant data analytics, data visualization, and continuous auditing/monitoring opportunities that drive audit and SOX performance efficiencies
- Analyze complex data, identify anomalies/trends/risks, and provide usable business insights or address audit issues in a proactive manner. Assess risks inherent in areas under review while applying thought leadership
- Provide ad-hoc analytics requests and facilitate needed data acquisition to support internal audits, special projects, and investigations
- Visualize and report data findings professionally and creatively to communicate results and minimize fraud
- A self-starter with a curious and consultative mindset
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and navigate a matrix organization to solve any gaps
- Strong focus on cross functional partnership and relationship building
- Values data integrity / completeness
- Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, Economics or a related quantitative bachelor or master degree.
- At least 3-4 years of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, Weka, SAS, Matlab) (data extraction, manipulation, statistical analysis and predictive modeling)
- 2+ years of work experience in data analysis, applied statistics or econometrics.
- Experience in projects involving audit, assurance, fraud or cross-functional teams.
- Experience articulating business questions and using quantitative techniques to arrive at a solution using available data
- Robotics process automation tools (Blue Prism or other Tools in this category)
- Experience building datasets, designing and measuring metrics as well as data visualization and reporting (Tableau Preferably)
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to audit management, key stakeholders in 2nd line of defense (Internal Controls)
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau
- Database management systems (SQL, Oracle, Teradata, etc.) preferred
- ERP and other System data extraction experience (JD Edwards, SFDC.com, Business Intelligence Data Lakes) preferred
- Queries, report writing and communicating findings
- Demonstrated experience working among a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- SharePoint administration using automation workflows
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.