Senior Grant Program Manager - Medical AffairsReq # JR - 036421 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Clinical Date posted 03/30/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Program Manager for Investigator Initiated Research (IIR), Baxter Collaborative Study (BCS), Registry and Continuing Medical Education (CME) grants. This position is responsible for the management of the pre-award and post-award processes for grants. The Grants Program Manager (GPM) maintains budget, provides input for contract negotiation, and other projects to support global clinician outreach programs. This position is responsible for the planning, coordination and oversight of the internal decision-making review meetings and ensuring compliance to Baxter’s policies and regulatory requirements. The GPM provides advanced analytical support to the Global Medical Affairs function under minimal supervision. This position proactively participates in continued process improvement and keeping informed of regulations concerning grants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and resolves complex problems with little or no supervision.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries related to research studies/projects/programs/policies, etc.
- Monitors the progress of ongoing research studies. Identifies delays in the studies promptly and works with Medical Affairs to address any issues with ongoing studies.
- Maintain grant program budget and effectively communicate information to Medical Affair and finance for forecast and plan accuracy.
- Responsible for planning/tracking/managing payments and/or product shipments according to execution of contractual milestones.
- Responsible for reporting and input of studies in the relevant IT programs ( Sharepoint and ONIT tools).
- Completes meeting planning and logistics for the grant programs. Develops and implements program schedules and timelines.
- Contributes to continued improvement of existing processes. This may include assisting in tracking grant metrics, training and re-training Baxter internal individuals as appropriate regarding grant processes, developing online applications, creating guidelines and SOPs, and reducing redundancies.
- Bachelors degree required
- Strong relationship building skills required
- Medical Affairs experience of 2+ years preferred
- Grant experience preferred
- Budgeting experience preferred
- RFP experience preferred
- Contracts experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the linkhere and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.