Senior Finance Manager - Capital MarketsReq # JR - 021801 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Finance Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Senior Manager of Capital Markets will serve as an essential part of Baxter’s Treasury function. This role assists in the management of Baxter’s capital structure, investment strategies, risk tolerance and financial modeling in order to support Baxter’s mission of saving and sustaining lives.
Essential duties & responsibilities include:
- Analyze equity, debt, FX, and overall economic markets globally and frame activities and risk appetite discussions in light of insights
- Develop capital allocation recommendations with consideration to free cash flow forecasts, liquidity requirements, rating agency parameters, and our risk appetite discussions
- Construct Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) and other assumptions used in capital allocation projects
- Provide valuation and reporting of financial instruments
- Manage ISDA agreements
- Review bank counterparty risks
- Tracking and analysis of capital markets fees paid to and allocated among banks
- Analysis, reporting and forecasting of debt and interest levels
- Manage revolver renewals and compliance
- Support ad hoc treasury projects as needed
Job requirements include:
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen, judgement and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to effectively influence and drive communication with diverse stakeholders
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, tax and legal accounting
- Ability to assemble and work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (or country equivalent)
- MBA, CPA or CFA preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.