Senior Director of Commercial OperationsReq # JR - 072958 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Commercial Operations Date posted 06/16/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This role will be the key liaison between the downstream Commercial teams and the Planning function in Integrated Supply Chain. Areas of focus will be forecast accuracy, partnering on inventory management, and the proactive management of backorder and backlog. Additional focus on providing high quality commercial support into the Global Business Units (GBUs) while driving visibility into overall commercial performance to the Baxter leadership team
What you'll be doing:
- Strategy: Provide high quality commercial support to the GBUs while driving visibility into overall commercial performance to the Baxter leadership team
- Provide transparency and "single source of truth" on commercial performance (outside of financials like balance sheet, income statement, etc. which are handled by Finance)
- Establish a robust, accurate forecasting process that is accepted and trusted by the GBUs and Integrated Supply Chain
- Proactive strategy on order management (backorder, backlog)
- Systematically identify capability gaps in the organization, and develop training, experiential learning, and knowledge management processes to address gaps
- Serve as a liaison between Integrated Supply Chain, Global Business Units, Finance, and the Commercial Regions
- Enhance Company's forecasting techniques and foster forecasting talent to support the organization into the future
- Develop and analyze synthesized views on commercial performance across divisions
- Distill key insights and recommended actions based on commercial performance
- Communicate commercial performance dashboard (performance, insights, and recommendations) to Baxter leadership team
- Ensure alignment between GBUs (commercial) and ISC on forecasting process
- Partner with ISC on improvements to the SI&OP process
- Develop a more strategic approach to targeted inventory levels
- Partner with GBUs to execute on SKU rationalization
Leadership and People management:
- Exhibit leadership ability, influencing executive team members in a collaborative manner
- Drive the two way nature of information flow, coordination, and collaboration with key individuals in GBUs (e.g., GBU Presidents, GBU Strategy Leads) – as partners
- Build, connect, and develop talent within the Commercial Operations organization
- Manage direct reports, including selection, evaluation, and development
Key Qualifications & Experiences you'll bring:
- 10+ years of commercial experience (e.g., marketing, sales, etc.)
- Strong technical expertise in forecasting required (S&OP experience preferred)
- Familiarity playing a central support role preferred
- Performance against service level agreements
- Customer satisfaction scoring from GBUs and ISC
- System-wide forecast accuracy and inventory performance
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Deerfield, IL 60015
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now