Senior Analyst - Trade and CustomsReq # JR - 069777 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 05/13/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Senior Analyst - Trade & Customs position provides advanced support to the International Customs and Trade Regulations (CTR) operations. Proactively coordinates and monitors import/export compliance with US international trade, customs and other government agency laws and regulations to minimize the risk of penalty and fines due to non-compliance for all Baxter entities. This role is responsible for helping develop and audit the international trade program as well as assisting with the creation of reports and making recommendations for system refinements. The Senior Analyst serves as a consultant for interpretation of regulations, duty reduction opportunities and general process improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Trade Regulations Manager and Global Trade Director for day to day import / export operations and compliance with international trade, customs, and other government agency regulations.
- Assist with identification, qualification, implementation and operation of strategic cost savings initiatives such as foreign trade zones, duty drawback, free trade agreements, duty suspension regimes, etc.
- Conduct comprehensive audits for the import and export programs, implement corrective action with analysts and review results with the Sr. Trade Compliance Manager on a regular basis.
- Assist and Coordinate with the annual Importer Self-Assessment (ISA) risk assessment, self-testing, and follow through with corrective measures.
- Coordinate review and update all internal procedures and help develop associated training modules. Manage responses to official government requests.
- Oversee interaction with service providers, regulators and internal business to facilitate import entry clearance or export filing.
- Assist the Sr. Global Trade Manager and Customs & Trade Regulations Manager with management of high profile projects.
- Drive standardization of import/export processes and internal control procedures.
- Participate in lean six sigma programs to maximize value, reduce waste and optimize department effectiveness. Strives for self-development; helps others identify capability gaps and appropriate growth opportunities for the benefit of the individual and the organization.
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles in the achievement of complex/multi-dimensional goals/commitments.
- Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends best practices.
- Assists in the definition of strategic plans.
- Identifies quality, service-oriented and innovative solutions and shares key learnings with others.
- Solves sophisticated problems; takes a broad perspective to determine solutions.
- Develops and implements new innovative solutions to complex or critical work issues within job family, applying responsible risk to maximize results and achieve operational excellence.
- Assists in the management of team priorities and helps ensure CTR team members (including the Sr. Global Trade Manager) adhere to schedules through effective project management skills.
- Follows Baxter’s high ethical standards and code of conduct.
- Self-starter with ability to complete tasks with minimal direction from manager and/or supervisor. Must have the ability to prioritize multiple projects/workflow and handle time efficiently in order to meet established timelines.
- Knowledge and experience of import/export operations for multinational company.
- Detailed understanding of supply chain logistics including air, ocean, truck & rail, as well as, knowledge and experience with warehousing, distribution, supplier and inventory management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word), Internet, CROSS and Customs Info.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good written and verbal communication ability.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college preferred.
- 5 or more years of U.S. international trade compliance experience with a good understanding of core trade principles such as product valuation, tariff classification, C-TPAT, ISA and special trade programs.
- U.S. Customs Brokers license is highly preferred and healthcare industry experience is ideal.
- Experience and Interaction with US Customs, FDA, USDA and other government agencies.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Deerfield, IL 60015
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now