SAS Programmer IIIReq # JR - 022940 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category GST Operations Date posted 06/22/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
This is a senior SAS developer role supporting Worldwide Medical. The individual will develop programs that convert raw SAS datasets into standard format and improve existing programs by creating standard programs and macros.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with manager and other programmers through participation in formal and ad-hoc meetings.
- Prepare documentation on all production programming and validation activities; utilize best industry business practices and data standards for clinical data submissions to the FDA and other global regulatory agencies.
- Assist manager through contributions to continuous improvement by developing standard programs and macros that follow CDISC guidelines required for regulatory submissions.
- Independently program CDISC SDTM, ADaM datasets.
- Map raw data to SDTM (Study data table model) in compliance with CDISC data model standards and create specifications for programming.
- Create ADaM Specifications & datasets from SDTM datasets per CDISC analysis data model standards and SAP.
- Program data displays (tables, listings, graphs) for inclusion in documents including publications, statistical reports, clinical study reports, and other regulatory documents, as required.
- Independently develop QC programs to validate peer programmers’ SDTM, ADaM datasets, statistical tables, listings, and graphs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related field plus 5 years of related experience.
- Required skills: create SDTM datasets from raw data according to CDISC standards (5 yrs); Create ADAM datasets from SDTM datasets according to CDISC analysis data model standards (3 yrs); Independently write, test, run, document, maintain and QC SAS programs and macros to generate SAS datasets, spreadsheets, data listings, tables and graphical displays of clinical trials data (3 yrs);
- Prior experience on HEOR projects a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.