Medical Science LiaisonReq # JR - 026021 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Clinical Date posted 08/25/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) functions as a field-based member of the Medical Affairs group. Medical Science Liaisons are healthcare professionals who interact with the scientific clinical community, key opinion leaders (KOLs), researchers, and medical, pharmacy, and nursing educators. They are a point of contact with clinical investigators seeking investigator-initiated research (IIR) support and with scientific experts to identify opportunities and sites for future Baxter sponsored research. Medical Science Liaisons develop professional relationships with KOLs in key therapeutic area of Advanced Surgery business. They participate in training sessions, deliver clinical/scientific presentations, and attend medical congresses and company-sponsored scientific symposia. This group will collaborate with the internal Medical Affairs teams in their therapeutic area of expertise to provide scientific information relevant to the launch of new products, support key product strategies and publications.
The primary objective of this role is to exchange peer to peer medical and scientific information with customers and internal stakeholders. This position is responsible for being well informed on therapeutic areas, up to date on major studies both ongoing and completed, competitive product information and clinical data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer facing position as primary scientific expert in the therapy area(s) and to function as a product expert to internal and external customers
- Maximize patient benefit by expediting the availability of novel treatments
- Provide assistance on special projects in the therapeutic area including medical affairs, Animal wet labs, CMEs, advisory boards, KOL interactions, Nurse training's, scientific reviews, Investigators meetings, etc.
- Review of promotional materials to ensure that they meet the compliance/legal and scientific standards of accuracy and integrity.
- Acting with integrity to comply with both local and international regulations, standard operating procedures, processes and corporate governance.
- Contribute to regional Medical Affairs strategy related to clinical evidence generation.
- Develop and implement projects and research ethically in line with strategies and assist coordination of clinical trials in association with local and global teams.
- Provide scientific information for the up-coming products/indications in response to unsolicited request from clinicians.
- Interact with market access and commercial teams to provide regional support that enables resolution of market access and funding issues.
- Responsible to collaborate cross-functionally effectively with the therapeutic area team;
- Keep medical management fully informed about local issues, opportunities and action plans.
- Share medical information with national/regional Key Opinion Leaders about scientific information and clinical guidelines, differentiating product attributes and outcomes studies.
- Identifies and implements medical initiatives for development of new & existing product.
- Build and maintain advance disease, product & therapy knowledge with other relevant key stakeholders.
- Serves as the point of contact for investigators seeking investigator Initiated Studies support. Oversight of IIR milestones and accountable for follow with investigators up to publication / presentation.
- Identify and share information with WWM Strategy and Delivery team on potential sites for Baxter sponsored research
- Represents the Medical Department at Local and International Medical Congresses and Conventions, manning medical education booths.
- Monitors and facilitates pre-Congress abstract submissions to the local Medical affairs Department, attends poster sessions and oral presentations.
- Assists in CME programs development and organization and participates in scientific committees.
- Provides Information and Interpretation of the literature
- Provides clinical education and therapy training support to sales force
- Actively gathers and monitors Competitive Intelligence, in accordance with Company Policy.
- Supports marketing as needed.
- Supports Regulatory Affairs when needed.
- Assist in development and delivery of Scientific materials
- Minimum requirement is a Clinical Nurse Coordinator or Registered Nurse. Experience in Operating Room preferred
- Be a qualified MD, Pharma PhD or PhD in a life science, preferably with specialization and/or clinical experience in the therapeutic area.
- 3 years + of demonstrated success and accomplishment in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- High ethical standards
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport quickly with the surgical team within the Operating room environment
- Detailed understanding of the local and appropriate guidelines & MA Code of Practice that govern Industry interaction with HCPs
- Demonstrated understanding of the Regulatory Affairs & Country Regulatory requirements
- A clear understanding of the Investigator Initiated Study process
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Well organized and able to deal with multiple projects
- Good analytical skills
- A Team player
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of the time
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.