Medical Manager, Digital HealthReq # JR - 057156 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Clinical Date posted 02/03/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- Provide ongoing clinical review and/or certification of marketing materials to ensure scientific accuracy and correctness.
- Maintain product knowledge, detect and analyze trends and emerging themes (i.e., direction of travel), and highlight insights to commercial team and product owner(s) to provide input to strategy and the future of products.
- Analyze published scientific evidence and policy documents and utilize insights gained for content development.
- Collaborate with product owner and R&D to define product roadmap.
- Provide clinical input to ensure that product development addresses clinical needs and is fit for purpose.
- Highlight priorities for development based on understanding of customers’ clinical and operational needs plus market intelligence and assess clinical strategy for added value offerings.
- Provide clinical expertise to interpret and articulate end user requirements for new product developments.
- Maintain clinical risk management system and processes for ICNET clinical surveillance platform.
- Lead and contribute to clinical risk assessments.
- Coordinate clinical safety sign-off for each software release.
- Management of clinical safety documentation including reviewing and authoring of documents.
- Lead evidence generation strategy for digital health products.
- Establish working relationships with key opinion leaders and early adopters whilst maintaining clinical and professional integrity and adhering to industry and Baxter’s compliance requirements.
- Lead scientific exchange with experts in clinical/ health informatics, infection prevention and control, antimicrobial stewardship, public health and relevant professional groups.
- Represent Baxter at scientific meetings including chairing of symposia as needed.
- Provide clinical oversight for marketing and training materials.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to drive messages with policy makers, HCPs and government bodies.
- Excellent professional standing with registered professional body
- Relevant clinical experience, including a thorough understanding of the practice of related healthcare, clinical workflow and supporting business processes associated with Health IT Systems.
- Relevant working experience in a digital health environment or IT company
- Critical appraisal, logical reasoning and analytical skills.
- Excellent persuasiveness and negotiation skills with the ability to facilitate consensus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Formal presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Organization, project management and planning skills.
- Strategic thinking, problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- 5 years clinical experience registered with a professional body, ideally in an ICU setting
- 3 years working experience in a digital health environment or IT company
- Advanced professional degree in health informatics or public health is desirable
- Research experience.
- Knowledge of risk management within a clinical context as it relates to patient harm.
- Knowledge of medical device regulatory requirements.
- Experience articulating end user requirements for digital health product development.
- Familiar with software development lifecycle and clinical input touchpoints.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Deerfield, IL 60015
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now