Marketing Manager, PharmaceuticalsReq # JR - 016944 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Additional Locations 40 Job Category Marketing Date posted 03/04/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
As a member of Baxter’s Pharmaceuticals group, you will accelerate growth by helping develop and execute an aggressive marketing and growth strategy for Baxter’s Pharmaceuticals Global Business Unit (“GBU”). Marketing responsibilities include portfolio optimization, molecule selection; driving key growth initiatives including identification and evaluation of differentiated products, technologies and drug delivery platforms; and working closely with R&D and business development to drive new molecule development and inorganic growth opportunities. Seeking talented individual with strong pharmaceutical background and expertise in generic injectables.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Driving the therapeutic area strategy and execution for Baxter’s Anti-Infectives Therapeutic Area within the Pharmaceuticals GBU, which includes injectable antibiotics, anti-virals, and anti-fungal indications. Responsibilities include molecule selection, developing commercial plans, executing key marketing initiatives and delivering on overall financial results.
- Lead portfolio comprised of Anti-infective injectables
- Analyze Anti-infective market including pricing, competitive landscape and P&L development for new and on-market drugs.
- Attain customer and market knowledge to contribute to business development activities and opportunity evaluations.
- Develop business cases and financial models to support portfolio expansion efforts.
- Responsible for promotional tools for the Anti-infective portfolio, including digital tools, that resonate with external stakeholders and position the portfolio for commercial success.
- Influence the product development cycle working closely with R&D, quality, regulatory, and sales. Prepare launch plans and work with region and country leads for launch readiness and implementation.
- Monitor and evaluate external competitive environment to proactively identify opportunities and help mitigate threats to existing portfolio and pipeline. Help manage internal competitive intelligence resources.
- Strong generic injectables experience. At least five years business experience with two+ years experience in generic injectables including molecule selection, new molecule launches and experience with differentiated drug delivery including premixes. Experience with combination (drug/device) products is highly desirable.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative assessment skills, critical thinking skills, and ability to develop strategic plans and business cases.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to facilitate and manage cross-functional teams. Strong presentation and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of external healthcare business environment
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy, finance, marketing, business or science/technology required. Pharmacy degree, MBA or PhD in science preferred.
- Experience in the Healthcare industry and specifically generic Injectables
- Requires six or more solid years of business experience and / or pharmacy experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.