Manager Technical IntegrationReq # JR - 017723 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Information Technology Date posted 03/06/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Provides technical expertise in delivering and supporting medical device implementations in clinical environments. Requires the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams that include customer resources and Baxter clinical and technical professionals. The position is responsible for implementation and support of Wireless Infusion Devices and the exchange of information between the infusion pumps and the hospital information systems to include the EMR vendor. This position will also support the StarlingTM SV Cheetah NICOM monitoring devices.
Product Platforms Supported: Infusion pumps and associated products such as DeviceVue, Infusion Dashboards, Device Integrations and other products as assigned. Includes support for HL7 standards (PCD 01, PCD03, PCD04 and PCD10), StarlingTM SV Cheetah NICOM monitoring devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Prioritize tasks, resolve complex problems. Requires little direction, gives guidance to others, works on technical projects, and has advanced knowledge within area of functional responsibility.
- Provide high level of technical support, as needed, and perform root cause analysis for problems experienced within area of functional responsibility.
- Design, implement and support advanced and diverse technical solutions that address complex business requirements.
- Mentor and/or lead other staff members within functional team. Work with customers to develop technical specifications that meet business requirements for large and medium projects.
- Provide technical support and expertise on the technical components of both medium and large implementation projects. Provide guidance to customers on implementation of security measures and controls.
- Lead team in responding to RFP/RFI Customer questionnaires as required
- Assist Baxter Capital Services and the finance team by managing financial tracking of deals
- Assist the Sales Organization by attending technical discussions with prospective customers interested in Baxter medical devices
- Remain up to date on new and emerging technologies within area of technical expertise and serves as resource to other Baxter employees.
- Identify and implement process improvements in the architecture and/or infrastructure of existing systems
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products and services offered to customers and prospective customers
- Prepare and deliver site survey reports using AirMagnet Survey Pro and Spectrum Analyzer software products
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment.
- Ability to work independently, under minimal direct supervision.
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Creativity in addressing technical challenges.
- Technical depth or breadth in one or more systems environments and strategic technologies.
- Ability to lead medical device integration projects
- Perform and facilitate Technical testing and support for HL7 and XML Standards.
- Must be able to travel 60%
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5+years of work experience in networking support or Information Technology & Systems roles required.
- Wireless networking experience (802.11 protocols, RTLS, etc.) preferred.
- Technical certifications such as but not limited to CCNA, CWNA, CWSP Network + preferred,
- Ability to understand HL7 and XML standards and previous experience with message structure.
- Experience working in clinical environments a plus.
- Experience working with Hospital system (Cerner, Epic, Meditech, etc.) are a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.