Manager, Global Business Development/ M&A - IntegrationsReq # JR - 026788 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Corporate Strategy Date posted 09/02/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Baxter Global Business Development Integration Team is accountable for developing and maintaining a consistent, efficient, and holistic integration approach. The main objective of the Business Development Integrations Manager is to support the realization of the value of both Baxter acquisitions and divestments, and other ventures by expertly project managing cross-functional structures, robust processes and comprehensive toolsets, and helping to drive the consistent use of these by Baxter stakeholders.
This role will report to Director, Global Business Development – M&A Integrations and will partner with business and functional leaders across the organization to execute integration plans and deliver milestones across multiple cross-functional workstreams.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Explores, develops, and implements strategies and processes for integration of new acquisitions or divestitures
- Ensures effective communication between Business Development teams, Baxter Business Units, Functions and external stakeholders, forming a relationship of trust and facilitating change
- Manages the integration teams by defining clear assignments; developing common formats for their outputs; establishing disciplined timelines; and coordinating meeting schedules, meeting formats, communication mechanism, and review processes
- Prior to the closing of acquisitions, participates in due diligence meetings to inform ultimate integration plan for each project
- Jointly formulates framework for integration strategy and then executes delivery of plan
- Continuously develops and adjusts common tools, practices, processes and language
- Develops a systematic process for relaying pertinent information between each project’s integration team and key internal stakeholders (e.g. broader M&A team, business and functional leaders, corporate department leads, and executive leadership)
- Uses feedback to learn and continually adapt integration plan
- Monitors progress against goals and ensures that integration efforts meet and exceed expectations
- Anticipates potential schedule or priority delays and initiates plans for alternative actions
- Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Identifies requirements, constraints, and assumptions in order to ensure an effective integration
- Maintains all necessary documentation
- Ensures and reviews adherence to high quality deliverable standards
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years of experience supporting M&A activity and functional integration including due diligence, integration planning & execution in a global medical device industry
- 4-6 years of project/ program management and leadership experience including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, vendor management, risk management and implementation support. Preferably in global environments
- Some experience in managing divestitures, including due diligence, separation planning and execution, and strategic Joint Ventures preferred
- Attention to detail in developing, supporting and tracking detailed project milestones and metrics in complex, matrixed environments
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, leadership, and collaboration skills
- Maintains professional demeanor and confidentiality
- Solid critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to identify and evaluate assumptions and draw conclusions and ability to independently identify, resolve and escalate issues
- Developing leadership skills, ability to effectively influence cross-functional teams
- Possesses a service-mindset, building mutual trust and encouraging respect and cooperation among integration team members and other key stakeholders
- Track record of delivering successful business process initiatives
- Extensive program, project management and process management skills
- Is comfortable and can thrive in ambiguous and rapidly-evolving situations
- Has capacity to manage and support complex work across multiple projects at any point of time
- Brings creativity to problem solving. Serves as an advocate for adopting innovative approaches/ ideas
- Expertise in delivering high-quality deliverables and outcomes
- Superior communication, presentation and collaboration skills, at ease with both business and technical topics
- Is ambitious and a self-starter. Proactively thinks about opportunities and how to drive change
- Has demonstrated success in influencing peers and leaders and supporting quick and clear decision making in a highly complex and matrix organization
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.