Manager, Bank Account ManagementReq # JR - 023279 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Finance Date posted 06/26/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Baxter’s bank account structure strategy globally. This includes ensuring use of the most efficient and effective cash management bank services such as pooling, ZBA structures, netting and other banking arrangements to meet both the global and local business needs. Role is responsible for supporting Baxter’s effort to refresh all treasury policies and ensure that internal governance and control requirements on bank accounts are being met – including tracking of signers, authorities, services and fees on bank accounts. Work with various internal and external stakeholders to implement banking solutions that will give automated global bank balance and transaction visibility and enforce policy compliance globally. Additional responsibilities include co-leading treasury transformation efforts.
Essential duties & responsibilities include:
Bank Account Management
- Leads transformation of global bank account structure including fee structures, standardization of account services, and account functionality
- Leads efforts (as and when needed) in the bidding and selection of new banking services or banking partnerships and the implementation of these efforts regionally/globally as necessary
- Responsible for identifying additional solutions or practices to improve the operations and activities of Baxter treasury from both a bank account management perspective and operationally.
- Co-leads treasury transformation with the application of best practices of treasury and accounting globally
- Leads optimization and automation projects related to implementing automated reporting for global cash visibility and signatory management in treasury systems
- Keeps abreast of market capabilities on cash management and payment solutions, banking arrangements and other banking services across the markets that Baxter serves
- Performs regular assessments of services, contracts, fees charged, and other banking arrangements
- Works with shared service center team members and finance organizations across multiple regions to develop and maintain banking relationships
- Ensures that Treasury is supporting and collaborating with other functions to ensure continuous improvement across Finance
- Builds consensus across finance organization to rationalize banking relationships and follow best banking practices globally
- Leads the refresh of Baxter treasury policy writing, defining controls and treasury governance management
- Continually question current banking structures, processes and procedures within and outside of treasury to ensure that they are efficient and streamlined
Job requirements include:
- Deep knowledge of banking structures, cash management processes and geographic/regulatory differences will be a key driver of success in this role.
- Deep understanding of bank file and payment file formats and the standardization of the processing of these files across global business units
- Demonstrated ability to implement global banking and payment solutions
- Demonstrated ability to affect change in a diverse and complicated environment
- Ability to effectively influence and drive consensus with cross functional stakeholders
- Knowledge of tax and legal principles in accordance with banking and cash management structures
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- 10-12 years of progressively responsible experience in treasury and/or banking
- MBA/CTP preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.