Human Resources Manager--Employee RelationsReq # JR - 022092 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Human Resources Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Human Resources Manager – Employee Relations
- The Baxter Centralized Employee Relations team delivers effective HR policies, practices and solutions that enable both employee engagement and business success.
- This key opportunity/role will create value-add, e.g. providing insights through data; assist in the delivery of broader talent projects; provide support to other Talent teams; and drive compliance with/enforcement of Baxter’s HR policies and procedures.
Desired Business Outcomes this role will be Responsible for Driving Include:
- Increased leader/HR effectiveness through data analytics and business insights
- Consistent and efficient ER -focused best practices through HR community
- Decreased employee experience variation
- Progressive talent practices
- Inclusion (in partnership with I&D team)
- Increased efficiency through standard process and tools
- Lead HR-based investigations, with limited oversight, for both corporate and manufacturing locations (inside and outside the US) as needed.
- Prepare recommendations for remediation to local HR and the business leaders
- Document all findings in Navex for reporting purposes
- Mitigate risk for Baxter by providing guidance on performance terminations
- Oversee and drive the Performance Improvement Plan process for employees, insuring a fair and balanced process.
- Manage the termination process, including the notification to the employee, if the PIP is unsuccessful
- Drive the RIF process independently
- Oversee/manage any adverse impact analysis if triggered during the diligence process per-RIF
- Provide post-employment communication for terminated employees, including but not limited to: general benefit continuity questions, basic payroll questions, etc.
- Perform the data entry to ensure integrity during the off-boarding process (e.g., severance payments, termination in Workday, etc.)
- Guide HR Business Partner community with general ER practices when asked
- Drive the creation and manage the content of the ER intranet for other HR professionals to access
- Help develop “toolkits” and best practices for HR professionals to leverage both in Corporate and in manufacturing locations
- Provides project support for broader Talent initiatives that drive innovation and compliance for the HR community
- Creates consistent, accurate data within Navex to produce insights and root cause analysis
- Support other key process as required and in scope for the Centralized Employee Relations team.
- Demonstrated experience in employee relations (i.e., investigations, issue resolution, compliance experience etc.) is required
- Experience in consulting, providing strategic recommendations to corporate and field clients, with respect to performance management/improvement is preferred
- Experience in measurement/analytics (data collection, analysis and interpretation) to support fact-based, predictive decision making
- Previous success in influencing to effectively manage the needs of multiple variable stakeholders
- PHR/GPHR or equivalent certification preferred.
- Strong business and HR acumen
- Must be able to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations and plans of action
- Strong consulting skills, influencer and coach
- Problem solving and systemic thinking skills – critical analytics/diagnosis/prioritization skills
- Strong decision-making skills and judgment to drive the right impact
- Ability to relate to people at all levels and build trusted relationships
- Courage and conviction to challenge status quo and business/HR leader thinking
- Strong process orientation
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Ability to navigate a complex matrixed environment
- High ethics and integrity, does the right thing for the business and our employees
- Demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity
- Exercise good judgment in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information
- At least 5 years of HR professional experience, at least 2 years in a generalist role, global HR experience desired.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Master's in Human Resources or Business preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.