HR Manager - Integrated Supply ChainReq # JR - 051766 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Human Resources Date posted 01/18/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Opportunity to provide HR strategic partnership and support to global ISC (Integrated Supply Chain) functions based in Deerfield, IL.
This position drives the execution and implementation of HR processes and systems across the function and manages initiatives related to organization and management team effectiveness.
As a member of the HR Team, this is a working manager role with the opportunity to work directly with the ISC Leadership Teams, employees and COE partners.
This role is part of a team of HR professionals with a collaborative and continuous improvement mindset.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of business objectives and desired organizational culture.
- Consult with management on a variety of HR and business-related issues, both strategic and operational.
- Lead and own the execution of a multi-faceted talent plan that includes talent acquisition, compensation, talent development and retention.
- Create and execute on a change management plan to create an inclusive, innovative and results driven culture.
- Lead Best Place to Work activities and champion listening systems for continued improvement.
- Partner with the Senior Leadership team to translate and drive alignment to the vision and culture.
- Drive common HR processes and provide onsite support to plant population. Serve as operations HR representative on projects driven by HR CoEs and implement locally, as appropriate.
- Manage day-to-day employee relations, staffing, and compensation in partnership with managers and functional partners.
- Process HR Operational Transactions related to HRIS (Workday) and timekeeping/payroll (Kronos) systems.
- Analyze HR Data related to talent planning and performance management and AAP.
- Utilize metrics and data to predict and analyze employee trends as it relates to recruitment, retention and engagement.
- Manage organization wide talent planning initiatives (in partnership with talent management CoE) including eligibility, assessment, calibration, development planning and succession planning.
- Manage employee promotion and hiring process; develop or update job descriptions, attend job fairs, assist with developing performance expectations.
- Manage all compliance requirements and ensure ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment.
- Partner internally with SMEs, HRBPs and use appropriate external benchmark data to bring innovative talent solutions and best practices to the plant and to the HR team.
- Strong foundational HR knowledge and experience in training, compensation, performance management, talent acquisition, change management, time keeping and organizational design. Demonstrated application of those skills and partnership with HR Centers of Expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with management teams and provide leadership during stressful situations.
- Proven ability to lead and implement cultural change within an organization. Experience building programs that result in improved employee engagement, higher morale and employee retention.
- Employee relations experience; experience working with employees to rollout processes or policies and demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict.
- Ability to persuade and influence effectively at multiple levels of an organization, strong teamwork orientation and ability to coach and communicate effectively.
- Strong project and process management skills.
- Knowledge and working application of reading and understanding State and federal Laws and regulations including FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, EEO, Title VII, etc.
- Comfortable and effective at facilitating across all levels of an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's in Human Resources or Business preferred.
- 5+ years of HR experience that includes at least 3 years of generalist experiencence in a global and matrixed enviroment.
- Health Care, Pharma, Med Device, and/or global experience preferred.
- Workday and/or Kronos experience preferred.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Deerfield, IL 60015
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now