Global Sr. Auditor-Finance & OperationsReq # JR - 016721 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Finance Date posted 02/22/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Global Sr. Auditor – Finance and Operations
Note: Baxter offers workplace flexibility options, e.g. work from home and/or our Downtown Chicago satellite office
The Global Corporate Audit team provides independent and objective assurance and advisory consulting guided by a philosophy to add value and improve the operations of Baxter. Corporate Audit uses a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of governance, risk management, and internal control.
You will be responsible for leading and executing risk-based audit projects, and understanding end to end key business processes, internal controls, and related systems. This position plays a key role in assessing and maintaining an effective internal control environment by developing and fostering trusted working relationships with management across the global organization.
- Lead and execute all phases of Financial, Operational and Integrated audits throughout Baxter’s international and domestic organizations
- Apply a risk-based approach to conduct audits across a variety of processes including commercial, manufacturing, and global corporate functions
- Guide and mentor other members of the audit team
- Develop and maintain relationships with Baxter management to ensure alignment with corporate priorities and the audit plan
- Proactively communicate with key stakeholders regarding audit status, findings and other relevant issues
- Design and deliver achievable meaningful recommendations for management to mitigate the identified risks
- Prepare and present audit findings to senior management
- Maintain comprehensive historical audit work paper documentation that fully supports reported audit results, leveraging established department tools and standards
- Understand and validate business processes and systems across functions and business segments.
- Use data analytics during planning, execution and reporting to optimize coverage and effectiveness
- Lead special projects that may arise
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, accounting, engineering or related field is required
- 3+ years of progressive, risk-based internal audit or consulting experience in a publicly traded company or Big 4 firm
- Appropriate audit certification (e.g., CFE, CA, CPA, CIA, CISA)
- Foreign language skills are preferred
- Auditors / Sr. Auditors are expected to travel up to 25%
- Strong understanding of internal controls and business processes across functions, including manufacturing, information systems, finance, accounting, commercial, human resources and others
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects, priorities, and regional teams
- Experience with any of the following applications/system/tools is preferred: JD Edwards, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), SAP, Blackline, Tableau, GRC and audit management platforms (e.g. AuditBoard, TeamMate, Workiva) Business Intelligence reporting (e.g. Cognos), Analytic Process Automation (APA), Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.