Financial Analyst (Pipeline for Future Talent)Req # JR - 043581 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Finance Date posted 08/11/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This position, through strong partnering with Leadership and various stakeholders within Baxter, will support global capital processes for approval, planning and reporting, ensuring overall capital guidance is aligned to Leadership goals and sound capital management, and analyzing global manufacturing costs and metrics for actionable recommendations.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead global capital planning and reporting processes, working with global business partners to communicate expectations and complete the annual operating plan and short-term and long-term forecasts, coordinate capital approvals and compliance with policy regionally and globally
- Perform variance analysis, consolidate and communicate results for reporting and financial planning cycles to ISC Leadership team and other Business Partners
- Provide decision support and financial modeling activities related to Make vs Buy decision for Strategy
- Develop Ad Hoc analytics of the global plant network to identify opportunities to strategically drive cost out and/or improve cash flow. Work cross-functionally with Global/Business Leaders to execute recommendations.
- Business Owner of GBCAPX (Global Capital system). Duties include prioritization of system enhancements, ensuring global data integrity and leading global training.
What you Have:
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid technical and financial knowledge.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Working knowledge of PC applications (ie. Excel/Access).
- Detail Oriented.
- Good analytical skills with familiarity with accounting, financial analysis and reporting.
- Technical and financial knowledge including, internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment.
Key Finance Competencies
- Financial Analysis and Decision Support
- Business Performance Management
- Accounting and Reporting Integrity
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (or country equivalent).
- 1+ of relevant experience. Familiarity with company financial reporting.
What's in it for you:
- Generous Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Dress for your day policy
- Monthly Work/Life Balance Seminars
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance coverage immediately upon hire
- Vision and other voluntary benefits and discounts
- Retirement Savings – Choose from pre-tax and/or Roth after-tax savings; Baxter matches 3.5 percent on your first 4 percent of contributions and provides a non-matching contribution of 3 percent of eligible pay each year
- Employee Stock Purchase Program – Purchase Baxter common stock each month at a 15 percent discount through payroll deductions with no brokerage fees
- Paid Parental Leave
- Family Supports – Daycare Priority Access, Discounts, Premium Access to Caregiving Database (SitterCity.com), Tutoring and Online learning support
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for Health and Dependent Care
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Educational Assistance Program
- [email protected] – Global health and wellness program with access to resources and benefits to help focus on staying well through education and prevention
- Premium Access to Headspace, meditation and mindfulness app
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health, family, financial and legal supports
- Business Resource Groups – Employee-run affinity groups that drive multi-cultural awareness and engagement at Baxter; provides a forum for employees to share knowledge, ideas, and personal experiences
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Additional benefits include discounts on: Motorcycle Insurance, wedding insurance, Identity theft protection, pet care plans, childcare, travel, Blackhawk tickets & more
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Deerfield, IL 60015
United States of America Explore Now