Accounting Manager, SEC ReportingReq # JR - 024256 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Finance Date posted 07/15/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
- Key role in Baxter SEC reporting and technical accounting function
- Accounting for routine, complex accounting areas and analysis/implementation of new accounting standards
- Provides excellent exposure and interaction with senior levels of management within the company’s Corporate Controller’s group, Treasury, Tax, Investor Relations, and other personnel around the world
- Prepare and review financial statements and related disclosures for SEC Forms 10-K and 10-Q and participate in review of earnings releases and other investor materials
- Monitor GAAP and SEC developments; participate in adoption of new accounting and disclosure rules.Work closely with external auditors
- Maintain close relationship with regional and business operations finance teams to drive process improvement and efficiency
- Prepare or review accounting on a global basis with respect to Baxter’s significant, complex transactions and events in a variety of areas including:
- Revenue recognition, leases, impairments, financial instruments, debt and financing transactions, pension, stock-based compensation, restructuring, foreign currency, etc.
- Participate in the effort to maintain Baxter’s SOX compliance
- Development of staff
Experience, Attributes, and Education
- Bachelors / Master’s degree in Accounting.CPA required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.Public accounting experience with a national accounting firm (Big 4 preferred)
- Very strong technical accounting and research skills are required
- Ability to effectively influence and drive consensus with diverse stakeholders
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead groups and manage / prioritize multiple projects and effectively operate in fast-paced, complex organization
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Close attention to detail at all times
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.